Should Roberto Mancini be sacked?

Should Roberto Mancini be sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 332 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 645 66.0%

• Total voters
For me, its like a relationship I once had a girl.

We met, fell in love, had wonderful life changing experiences, saw and felt things id never dreamt of feeling. But time goes by and the honeymoon period wears off, we realise that we are different people wanting the same things in different ways, we argue and fight, I realise deep down that this isn't the girl I want to settle down with and have kids with. We break up, go our separate ways, stay friends and treasure the memories we had together.

Thanks Roberto, for making my dreams come true, you will always be a legend in my eyes but i think we have the reached the end of the road and you are not the man to lead us forward.

Onwards and upwards CTID

mattyctid said:
For me, its like a relationship I once had a girl.

We met, fell in love, had wonderful life changing experiences, saw and felt things id never dreamt of feeling. But time goes by and the honeymoon period wears off, we realise that we are different people wanting the same things in different ways, we argue and fight, I realise deep down that this isn't the girl I want to settle down with and have kids with. We break up, go our separate ways, stay friends and treasure the memories we had together.

Thanks Roberto, for making my dreams come true, you will always be a legend in my eyes but i think we have the reached the end of the road and you are not the man to lead us forward.

Onwards and upwards CTID

She didn't like it up the shitter then?

If he'd have been given funds for RVP who he wanted, instead of the deadwood he got (not his choices) we'd have won the lot again NO NO NO NO.
This is going to come back and haunt us, I lost my voice singing his name on Saturday, we've stabbed him in the back here, absolute disgrace, my god how people on here have short memories, stability is wanted - what happened to the '10 years' project? no quick fixes UTD must be pissing their sides at us. what did they win last year?....f**k all.
This is seriously embarrassing

This frustrates me no end... So many fans saying 'Thanks Robbie, but you need to go' as if they're being all noble about it, but they expect better. Expect better? One simple drop in form and you're shouting for a new manager? I seriously imagined that the fans of City wanted something sound and solid, to build something that would yield long-term results and build an empire.

Yes, I know you might argue this isn't a simple drop in form, that the warning signals have been flashing for some time. But put it in perspective! Three seasons and three trophees! More than any City fan has been able to relish for a long time. And yes, he failed to live up to the success this season! But it's hit and miss, trial and error, experimentation and rotation, man-management and club-management. It takes time to get right, especially if you think about getting something that can even barely touch what Utd had with Ferguson.

If we let this briefest glimpse of disorder and poor performance be enough reason to show Robbie the door, then we are no better than any other desperately glory-hunting club, and we'll only give the haters an even better reasons to compare us with Chelsea. If we fire Mancini because of this, then what are you going to say when Pellegrini gets a drop in form? Because it WILL happen! It happens with any manager! NO ONE can have a flawless 'CV', especially in such a dynamic and quick-paced world as football. So when our next manager starts losing a few games, are you going to start shouting for 'the next one'? "He isn't the right one for the club, he's poor at this, he's poor at that" As if you can deduce everything that's going on in the wardrobe or on the training field.

Let's show our best manager ever some support! If we back the club, back our manager, we will give them strength to clean up their ranks and get rid of the dead weight that is bloated and conceited players who seemingly assumed that one doesn't need more than an impressive line-up to win games. If we support Mancini he will be able to build the club we want him to. If we switch managers now we will only create that tense and hopeless atmosphere at any other club that know that the manager is nothing but a puppet living on borrowed time.

Forza Mancini.

(*Edit: I think everybody should read this article in the guardian. It sums up my feelings really well: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/may/13/manchester-city-fans-mancini" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... ns-mancini</a>)

Should have been sacked at the end of last season, league title or no league title. It's been clear ever since we got beat against Arsenal, and maybe as early as the calamity that was the Bayern Munich, that he was completely out of his depth and incapable of learning from his mistakes.

Populism will not get us far. Otherwise, Sven would never have left.

Mancini is well respected in Italian football and if released by City would have no trouble finding another high-profile job in Europe. He has garnered a reputation for producing industrious players that are well-organised defensively and tough to break down.

The problem with Mancini, however, is that he can sometimes act (and speak) before he weighs up a situation. Ever since Ronaldo's late goal in Madrid, his abrasive man-management style has caused ongoing tensions within the City team dressing-room. To quote Ian Ladyman:
"[Mancini] has spent much of this campaign arguing privately and publicly with Joe Hart, Vincent Kompany and Samir Nasri... The City manager has also argued behind the scenes with executive staff. His habit of complaining in press conferences that the board let him down on transfers last summer has also ruffled feathers."
In addition to this, Mancini has allegedly fallen out with popular players such as James Milner, Nigel de Jong and Micah Richards. Asked about the manager's future, Pablo Zabaleta offered a less-than-enthusiastic endorsement. "It's not our decision. As players we need to be focused on what we do now and we will see what happens with Roberto in the future."

On the footballing side, Mancini's tactics in key matches have been questionable to say the least with the City players visibly confused by the switch to 3-5-2 against Borussia Dortmund. Going forward, Bobby plays a possession focused game, making sure his creative midfielders probe for spaces to invite defences out-of-position and then take advantage with a sneaky though-ball. Unfortunately, this season, opposition defences have routinely 'snuffed out' the killer pass by compacting the central area with wing-backs. City are given space in wide areas where they are less intimidating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.