Should the club stay silent or fightback?

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
What do you think of your manager's behaviour after the game?

-- Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:39 pm --

I have posted about this extensively in another thread I'm pretty sure...

keep our mouths shut and win the league.

then next season, keep our mouths shut, go further in the CL and win the league.

then do it for 10, then 20 years.

then what will you read when you wake up in the morning?

some day in the not too distant future we'll be writing the paychecks of those who slag us off and we'll be calling the shots.

and Fergie will be in his coffin, a distant memory.

I can't wait.

spurspinter1 said:
Marvin said:
spurspinter1 said:
I think you've missed the point of my post there..
If you want to argue that Spurs were hard done by by Balotelli winning a pen and scoring it when Webb is now claiming he didn't see the incident, then I can claim that Parker shouldn't have even been on the pitch at the time.

You were beat fair and square. Take it

Fair and square is difficult as the goalposts have been moved around a hell of a lot in light of recent events. Because of a few incidents referees now have immense pressure on them. I have read a few comments here about Parker's "two footed challenge" on Micah but I can't really debate with those who think that was a red card, there isn't enough time in the world...If your talking about other fouls commited do you have any stats about how fouls he did commit? Maybe I had lilywhite tinted glasses on but at the time of viewing I don't remember him commiting too many...

This analagy will probably be terrible but let's say you face Utd in Champs league final next season. With the game level, Rooney has a moment of petulance and stamps out catching Richards in the head. incident missed by officials and happened too quickly for any City players to get a full view of it therefore a general lack of protests. Richards okay to carry on. Game continues Rooney scores winning penalty. Rooney gets charged and eventually found guilty of violent conduct.

Will you say you were beaten fair and square?

I counted 5 times when Webb stopped play and gave us a free kick for a foul by Parker, on the 3rd foul he had a word in his ear. The 5th foul resulted in a booking and I gave up counting at that. It happens to us regularly, watch Charlie Adams on Wednesday night if you dont believe us. When Mario dares to shake a leg at a tackle its an immediate booking as was the case on Sunday.

spurspinter1 said:
Marvin said:
spurspinter1 said:
I think you've missed the point of my post there..
If you want to argue that Spurs were hard done by by Balotelli winning a pen and scoring it when Webb is now claiming he didn't see the incident, then I can claim that Parker shouldn't have even been on the pitch at the time.

You were beat fair and square. Take it

Fair and square is difficult as the goalposts have been moved around a hell of a lot in light of recent events. Because of a few incidents referees now have immense pressure on them. I have read a few comments here about Parker's "two footed challenge" on Micah but I can't really debate with those who think that was a red card, there isn't enough time in the world...If your talking about other fouls commited do you have any stats about how fouls he did commit? Maybe I had lilywhite tinted glasses on but at the time of viewing I don't remember him commiting too many...

This analagy will probably be terrible but let's say you face Utd in Champs league final next season. With the game level, Rooney has a moment of petulance and stamps out catching Richards in the head. incident missed by officials and happened too quickly for any City players to get a full view of it therefore a general lack of protests. Richards okay to carry on. Game continues Rooney scores winning penalty. Rooney gets charged and eventually found guilty of violent conduct.

Will you say you were beaten fair and square?

Your analogy is flawed from the outset becasue all the video replays showed Balotelli made no contact with Parker and was pushed in the back by Modric

You're a biased spurts fan with nearly 500 posts on a City forum, bore off you twat

The club won’t gain anything by making a song and dance about it, but if the FA fail to charge Crouch after his ‘gouging’ attempt for example, it would be reasonable to point out the inconsistency and claim that we are being discriminated against. This is EXACTLY what BaconFace does and cumulatively it makes a difference.

Blue2112 said:
I counted 5 times when Webb stopped play and gave us a free kick for a foul by Parker, on the 3rd foul he had a word in his ear. The 5th foul resulted in a booking and I gave up counting at that. It happens to us regularly, watch Charlie Adams on Wednesday night if you dont believe us. When Mario dares to shake a leg at a tackle its an immediate booking as was the case on Sunday.

Charlie Adam does that to every team though....Fouling and taking penalties is what he does...

The Mario booking was harsh as he was given little time to get to the speed of the game but it's not the best example of a game to say he is treated harshly by referees...

RE the Parker fouls, I didn't see him making any rash tackles after the booking but often you tend to not notice the niggly fouls your team commits, I can't really argue either way with that one until I see the game again to be honest

I'd fight it. Take previous case history as evidence. Highlight the fact we are not enjoying a level playing field. We may not win but, little by little, more people in the press are taking notice. The rule that a ref has or hasn't seen an incident is a cop out and can be manipulated how the FA see fit. If they don't change it will stop some foreign players coming to the Premier League and it will no longer be the best product for them to market worldwide. They have an investment to protect and for this reason alone we stand a chance at appeal. If a 4 game ban is increased to 5 it's hardly the end of the world.

Royaloak said:
The club won’t gain anything by making a song and dance about it, but if the FA fail to charge Crouch after his ‘gouging’ attempt for example, it would be reasonable to point out the inconsistency and claim that we are being discriminated against. This is EXACTLY what BaconFace does and cumulatively it makes a difference.

This it is the cumulative effect sort of media management tactic we need to aquire and fucking fast. Surely we have PR people and Vicky Kloss et al, get on it if it means hand picking those journos we give access to and those we dont so be it. I would start trying to manage info from the club and come down like a ton of bricks on any club employee who breached the rules. I know this is nowt to do with this particular incident but i feel we need to take control of the image of the club like never before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.