Should the club stay silent or fightback?

spurspinter1 said:
Marvin said:
spurspinter1 said:
I think you've missed the point of my post there..
If you want to argue that Spurs were hard done by by Balotelli winning a pen and scoring it when Webb is now claiming he didn't see the incident, then I can claim that Parker shouldn't have even been on the pitch at the time.

You were beat fair and square. Take it

Fair and square is difficult as the goalposts have been moved around a hell of a lot in light of recent events. Because of a few incidents referees now have immense pressure on them. I have read a few comments here about Parker's "two footed challenge" on Micah but I can't really debate with those who think that was a red card, there isn't enough time in the world...If your talking about other fouls commited do you have any stats about how fouls he did commit? Maybe I had lilywhite tinted glasses on but at the time of viewing I don't remember him commiting too many...

This analagy will probably be terrible but let's say you face Utd in Champs league final next season. With the game level, Rooney has a moment of petulance and stamps out catching Richards in the head. incident missed by officials and happened too quickly for any City players to get a full view of it therefore a general lack of protests. Richards okay to carry on. Game continues Rooney scores winning penalty. Rooney gets charged and eventually found guilty of violent conduct.

Will you say you were beaten fair and square?
I was referring to the foul he made on Micah. It wasn't 2 footed, but it was made with excessive force and by the rules of the game (we are experts on them now) it was dangerous play. He also made repeated fouls, and that is a yellow card offence.

I'd be unhappy, but you have to accept the role of the ref. And that includes human error

But most of all you were clearly 2nd best on the day. A moment of genius and an error/gust of wind disguised the gap

Hamann Pineapple said:
I'd fight it. Take previous case history as evidence. Highlight the fact we are not enjoying a level playing field. We may not win but, little by little, more people in the press are taking notice. The rule that a ref has or hasn't seen an incident is a cop out and can be manipulated how the FA see fit. If they don't change it will stop some foreign players coming to the Premier League and it will no longer be the best product for them to market worldwide. They have an investment to protect and for this reason alone we stand a chance at appeal. If a 4 game ban is increased to 5 it's hardly the end of the world.

Given the fact that an agenda is now a matter of national debate there is no way the FA are going to deem any appeal as frivolous, especially when there are aspects to this incident that will require a degree of scrutiny, such as the Modric "shove".

Royaloak said:
The club won’t gain anything by making a song and dance about it, but if the FA fail to charge Crouch after his ‘gouging’ attempt for example, it would be reasonable to point out the inconsistency and claim that we are being discriminated against. This is EXACTLY what BaconFace does and cumulatively it makes a difference.

This ^^ defo but we also need to keep playing the winning football that we have been but at te same time MCFC has got to be far more aggressive in chasing down inconsistencies in official and libels in Press and (yes you Twitcher) Opposition managers' comments..

c'mon saddlebag-face.. you don't want to be taking on City's lwayers on top of HMECR...

btw

try and smuggle in some vaseline for your 'stretch'..........

Berkovic_blue said:
spurspinter1 said:
Marvin said:
If you want to argue that Spurs were hard done by by Balotelli winning a pen and scoring it when Webb is now claiming he didn't see the incident, then I can claim that Parker shouldn't have even been on the pitch at the time.

You were beat fair and square. Take it

Fair and square is difficult as the goalposts have been moved around a hell of a lot in light of recent events. Because of a few incidents referees now have immense pressure on them. I have read a few comments here about Parker's "two footed challenge" on Micah but I can't really debate with those who think that was a red card, there isn't enough time in the world...If your talking about other fouls commited do you have any stats about how fouls he did commit? Maybe I had lilywhite tinted glasses on but at the time of viewing I don't remember him commiting too many...

This analagy will probably be terrible but let's say you face Utd in Champs league final next season. With the game level, Rooney has a moment of petulance and stamps out catching Richards in the head. incident missed by officials and happened too quickly for any City players to get a full view of it therefore a general lack of protests. Richards okay to carry on. Game continues Rooney scores winning penalty. Rooney gets charged and eventually found guilty of violent conduct.

Will you say you were beaten fair and square?

Your analogy is flawed from the outset becasue all the video replays showed Balotelli made no contact with Parker and was pushed in the back by Modric

You're a biased spurts fan with nearly 500 posts on a City forum, bore off you twat

Unfortunately the media (even here in New Zealand) have blown this incident into a major topic. And the FA will be swayed by the amount of negative publicity that we get. And they'll also be taking unfair consideration of the other suspensions we have endured this season.

The only way to shut this bunch of morons up is to WIN THE LEAGUE.

I'd support Roberto if he sent out a bunch of youngsters on Wednesday just to protect his stars from the thugs masquerading as Liverpool players. If the FA fined us and asked "Please explain" the answer should be "We have to protect our players because you certainly do not"

If we can get back to the subject of the thread, those blues who are saying do nothing, can I ask, why shouldn't we fight back ? We'll win the league either way in my opinion, and we'll do it while playing the best football, (despite what the media say about spurs, who last night had a good 15 minutes in the 90, and settled for 2-2 with about 10 minutes left), so why not put up a fight against the bias we are getting against us. I'm not one who believes in an "agenda" by the FA, but I find it hard to believe there isn't an attempt to even things up a bit.<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:09 am --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
But most of all you were clearly 2nd best on the day. A moment of genius and an error/gust of wind disguised the gap
Indeed they were, a good 15 minutes out of 90, they even settled for 2-2 after the defoe miss, they deserved nothing, and ultimately got nothing.

Marvin said:
Words are meaningless. We will sort it out on the pitch and the FA, and Redknapp have just added yet more resolve and focus to our team.

We've done really well without Kompany, and if we can stay clear of injury, we can cope without Mario.

I'd be worried if we lose him for 4 games. We really lack attacking options at present. So if he does get suspended, then our only real attack minded player is Johnson. Thats it!

If we do release some sort of statement and 'fight back' i can only see this having a negative affect on the club.. appears as though the media pressure is getting to us and makes us futher disliked. best thing to do is remain cool and calm and get on with our job in a dignified manner. let the media say what then one and lets show them up at the end of the season for being full of slander and hatred by winning the league !!

Let it go. Nothing good will come from fighting a losing battle during the season. Its written in stone wall that if we fight they'll hand him an extra game.

Just look at the Kompany incident, tame right but compared to Balo's its nothing yet he still lost the appeal.

The only time you can give it big to the FA is when we've won the title, that way its a big up your's gesture to them and the so called big Four because it we did it on our own merit with interest.

bluebob said:
If we do release some sort of statement and 'fight back' i can only see this having a negative affect on the club.. appears as though the media pressure is getting to us and makes us futher disliked. best thing to do is remain cool and calm and get on with our job in a dignified manner. let the media say what then one and lets show them up at the end of the season for being full of slander and hatred by winning the league !!
You fight every battle in a war, even if you can't win that particular battle.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
bluebob said:
You fight every battle in a war, even if you can't win that particular battle.

Not if there's nothing to gain from it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.