Should the club stay silent or fightback?

Train said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
bluebob said:
If we do release some sort of statement and 'fight back' i can only see this having a negative affect on the club.. appears as though the media pressure is getting to us and makes us futher disliked. best thing to do is remain cool and calm and get on with our job in a dignified manner. let the media say what then one and lets show them up at the end of the season for being full of slander and hatred by winning the league !!
You fight every battle in a war, even if you can't win that particular battle.

Not if there's nothing to gain from it.
No such thing as a battle from which you gain nothing. You always learn something about yourself, about the enemy, and you also tell your enemy something (you'll fight them every inch of the way and you're here for the long-term).

cleavers said:
Unknown_Genius said:
I'd be worried if we lose him for 4 games. We really lack attacking options at present. So if he does get suspended, then our only real attack minded player is Johnson. Thats it!
I'm sure Dzeko, Sergio, David, and Samir would disagree.....

What if we need a goal, and looking for someone to bring on. There's only Johnson (attacking wise).

Ok I can see that 'fighting back' might be a bit too strong for some people and I can understand the comparisons to Liverpool and their recent misguided attempt. I've always believed we should be dignified and not be drawn into what may be seen as trivial arguements but i'm slowly changing my mind as its never won us any favours with any of the press. Ever since I was a kid watching City my dad used to say how the press loved to hate us. I saw Mike Doyle one night tell a story about the return flight home after winning the UEFA cup and how he told the journalists how they could not ignore City anymore only to find the following mornings back pages full of Utd and our victory was to be found inside.

More to the point I do believe we can make a difference in everyday things such as highlighting consistently poor bookings and sendings off (Gareth Barrys for example was so poor) fixture lists (6 away games after Champions league) twice made to play in 48/72 hours whilst twice v Liverpool they had 5 days recovery, we're too fucking nice 99% of the time. I wouldn't expect things to change overnight but sometimes if you say something enough times people start to believe it. It doesn't have to be a club statement for every issue, theres many ways to get our point across. Sometimes I just wonder does anybody at the club feel like we do because you wouldn't know it. Like has been said if one newspaper has called for the police to investigate then fucking well ban them. Start fighting fire with fire, we don't have to go all gung ho and take on the whole world overnight but lets start knocking some people on their arses a little bit more.

dctid said:
We cant fight we can only highlight the complete and total inconsistencies in referring decisions

Would like Marwood to say something public

The most annoying thing is if we stay silent we keep getting shafted.(TBH we'll get shafted either way) Whilst when we complain, we are accused of moaning, bitterness or seeing an agenda by the FA that just isn't there! 50/50 split on Mario off the pundits on tv and radio(he gets charged) 80/20 in favour of Vinnie with his sending off and he gets an extra game on his ban! Obviously figures not 100% but there is definately something or something going against us!

When we highlight other reckless tackles, Glen Johnson springs to mind but just 1 of many in recent weeks we hear the same old shite, ref saw it but saw nothing wrong, job done! Well 1 of the best ref's in world football was 3 yards away from Mario yesterday and he felt there was no case to answer, job not done!

Unknown_Genius said:
cleavers said:
Unknown_Genius said:
I'd be worried if we lose him for 4 games. We really lack attacking options at present. So if he does get suspended, then our only real attack minded player is Johnson. Thats it!
I'm sure Dzeko, Sergio, David, and Samir would disagree.....

What if we need a goal, and looking for someone to bring on. There's only Johnson (attacking wise).
Same as when Mario was injured ??

The club should fight back to media and act more like United (Ferguson) does.

But I doubt it's going to happen. I think we're still in "let's prove them we're good guys, not only the rich ones" phase and I can't see the club is ready to change that for some time yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.