Should there be international football at this stage of the season?

Shall we play for our country?

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 172 95.0%

• Total voters
I quite like international breaks to be honest, as I like following the qualifiers around the world.

Have we always had these shitty fixtures? I can't seem to remember the first half of the season being constantly interrupted like it is now in the 70's- 90's, or is that just my bad memory?
I can remember in the early '70s, fixtures carried on, when internationals were played. If a club had players in the England team, they had to suck it up and get on with it.

I can remember in the early '70s, fixtures carried on, when internationals were played. If a club had players in the England team, they had to suck it up and get on with it.
Yes, and 24 in the top division too I think? Football did actually seem to stop in those days though after the fa cup.

I don’t mind international breaks until about 2pm on the Saturday.

Correct. I too remember this which seems odd now.

It’d absolutely shaft City today if this happened.

It's always been nay. It's like stopping a 100m sprint at 40m and saying what's left will take place in two weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.