Should they have kicked the ball out....

In my opinion they didn't have to, it was embarassing when Edin lept to his feet after they scored. If the question was should it have been a free kick then 100% yes (probably also a yellow card). Not Liverpools fault just bad reffing. Interestingly bad reffing decisions cost us victory in both games against them this season. Never a free kick for Suarez's goal.
We seem to have a run of stinking decisions going against us of late.

The ref should have blown for a foul but after that Dzeko (who was not at all injured) should have got up and played on. Liverpool were not at fault.

According to Daniel Sturridge the ref Taylor actually told them to keep playing on when he was asked on several occasions about it. Liverpool were right to play on,and so should City next time it's to our advantage. The correct decision should have been a free kick for the clear foul on Dzeko. Wasn't given, and the City players mentally had the ball out of play,were expecting Liverpool to do it and played in the mind set for the ball to be put out. Unfortunately when it did go out of play it was in the back of our fucking net! Dzeko and every other member of the team need to crack on quickly if they're not actually injured (which Dzeko appeared not to be) and get on with the game.
Was a foul no doubt and Taylor,you're just another cock to join the rest.

They were right to play on, was a definite free kick, ref didn't give it, not a head injury, play on.

We had chance to clear it between foul and goal but didn't

It was a definite free kick but Liverpool were quite within their rights to play on. The problem I believe was that it was such a blatant foul that our players may have switched off even momentarily, and in this league against teams like Liverpool, you're likely to pay the ultimate price.

Obviously not.

I think in most cases it's pretty easy to tell if a player is genuinely injured or not.

Nah, I'm more pissed off that we didn't get a free kick on the half-way line as I thought it was a foul!

play to the whistle and we can only blame ourselves for not dealing with the situation

Yes they should have kicked it out . it turns out Dzeko wasn't injured but what if he had of been ? you can guarantee we would have kicked it out for one of there players .

Liverpool were right to play on especially as the ref said to (allegedly to Daniel Sturridge) as the first thing you are taught is play to the whistle.
I would like to see us play on more when a player goes down but we never do. We kick it out and the opposition hoof it back up the other end as if they are gaining yards in rugby and trying to get into the corner.
The good thing is though that the away fans clap us for sportsmanship whereas we should boo the opposition 9/10 for gamesmanship.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.