Should they have kicked the ball out....

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Of course they were right to play on I hate this kick the ball out he broke a finger nail shit but it was a clear foul regardless

Was it a foul,yes
should city have played on,yes
is the ref a United fan,yes I was informed two years ago and that he put down Altringham down as the team he supports so he could ref local NW games.

No feck off all of you. It wasn't the fact that Dzeko just had a bit of a kick to the back of his leg that would have hurt for about 20 seconds and he was play acting and having a strop afterwards. It was the fact that the referee missed a clear foul and told Liverpool to play on to cover up his embarrassment once he realised that he'd missed something, they knew it was a foul and should have kicked it out in a 'fair's fair', you should have had a foul basis.

If it shouldn't have been a foul then yes, they should have played on, but there were enough players in red shirts that saw that it was a foul to do the right, moralistic thing.

Who noticed the throw in after the Aguero head injury? It was thrown in to Dzeko (IIRC) who was going to play the ball back to their keeper when some twat comes in and challenges from behind (as he thought we would play on). So Dzeko (or whoever had the ball) thinks fuck it and kicked it back out for a throw in to make it more awkward for Liverpool to get the ball back in play.

It wasn't about playing on due to an injury, it was about having respect towards your fellow professional.

Classless!

Btw...After the initial pain of the challenge Dzeko should have got up, hobbled to the sideline and signalled to the referee that he wanted to go off for treatment rather than being a soft twat.

Matty said:
We should have been 1-0 up with a freekick 40 yards from Liverpool's goal, not taking a kick off at 1-1. THAT'S my issue, not whether Liverpool should have put the ball out or played on.

Agreed - although I was nowhere near as angry as the game at Sunderland where the foul was a lot clearer and Johnson got a shot away partly because our left back was on the floor injured.

Not every foul will be given correctly in a game so players need to get on with it, rather than sulk. The foul was in Liverpool's half and we had plenty of time to get back in position. Dzeko could have sulked for a bit and still got back to help defend!

SWSB said:
surprised at the miracolous recovery Dzeko made even though it was a foul.

Just like Nasri at Norwich !! Never seen a more miraculous recovery in my life.For a bloke his size,Dzeko doesn`t half go down very easily,but on this occasion it was a foul.
However as we`ve all said you play to the whistle,which the rest of the team did,but still couldn`t manage to get hold of the ball.Now we know what its like when you see how much % of possession we normally have.

As said by all it was a foul. By all accounts they were instructed from the ref not to kick the ball out. It is the first time i can recall in a long time where a team has not kicked the ball out. I do hope from now on we play on rightly or wrongly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.