Should this whiny woman I know be allowed to go on holiday?

Re: Should people on benefits be allowed abroad?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I thought meat was murder you hypocrite

It is but provided that the morons eat each others dicks, as I'm sure they would, I've no problems with that.

These threads are always exactly the same, right down to the last post. I'm amazed they even get past 1 page anymore to be honest.

Everyone likes to repeat themselves over and over again

Everyone likes to repeat themselves over and over again.

Too many ifs/buts for there to be a straight yes or no answer. Each scenario is different for example disability benefits or jobseekers.

I thought jobseekers was just enough to put food in your belly and a roof on your head so not sure how they could afford a holiday

Should people on benefits be allowed abroad?

It sounds to me that your real question is should this person be able to claim benefit in their condition as you claim they are not really sick.

That's a different question to should someone legitimately on benefits be able to take a holiday.

glen quagmire said:
stonerblue said:
glen quagmire said:
Serious question mate. Is she getting a decent pay off?

Not really. Less than 15k

At least it's something mate. I have a horror story about a man who's wife got clish when shr stopped working due to MS. I will leave that for another thread though....

She's not complaining and it's better than nowt.

But her chances of finding any work now are slim to none and 15k is about 6months worth of wage.

kinkysleftfoot said:
stonerblue said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
No, benefits are supposed to allow people to live at a basic standard, that does not include lazing about on beaches whilst the rest of work to support this!

So my wife, who has taken redundancy after working all her adult life and will soon be claiming disability benefits, should not be 'allowed' to leave the country?

If she didn't receive these payments would she still be able to go abroad?

Answer my first question please.

If your unable to work and claiming benefits, theres not much you can do. Your unable to work end of story really aslong as its legit (not saying hers isnt by the way) so your kind of stuck in a way. If you are able to work and claiming you shouldnt be able to leave the country, as your time on benefits should be spent actively seeking work, its not free money to treat yourself. So its a tough one to answer for me really with the sickness.

stonerblue said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
stonerblue said:
So my wife, who has taken redundancy after working all her adult life and will soon be claiming disability benefits, should not be 'allowed' to leave the country?

If she didn't receive these payments would she still be able to go abroad?

Answer my first question please.

Only if you can afford it without the benefit payments

As has been mentioned already, people recieve lots of different benefits for lots of different reasons.
Those that have never worked and get job seekers probably can't even afford the price of a passport, never mind a holiday. If they could save enough for a week in Spain then good luck to them.

Those that fiddle the social are the ones we all get indignant about, and undersatndably so as they're taking the piss out of the taxpayer.

Those that can't work due to illness need a holiday. The feelgood factor probably boosts their overall situation, improves health and relieves strain (and cost) on the nhs.

In my wifes case, she has paid into the system for 20 years (well over £100 a week. you do the sums). You are not 'paying for her to doss on a beach'. She's done her bit for the welfare system and should be able to do whatever she likes with any money the system gives her.

stonerblue said:
As has been mentioned already, people recieve lots of different benefits for lots of different reasons.
Those that have never worked and get job seekers probably can't even afford the price of a passport, never mind a holiday. If they could save enough for a week in Spain then good luck to them.

Those that fiddle the social are the ones we all get indignant about, and undersatndably so as they're taking the piss out of the taxpayer.

Those that can't work due to illness need a holiday. The feelgood factor probably boosts their overall situation, improves health and relieves strain (and cost) on the nhs.

In my wifes case, she has paid into the system for 20 years (well over £100 a week. you do the sums). You are not 'paying for her to doss on a beach'. She's done her bit for the welfare system and should be able to do whatever she likes with any money the system gives her.

Hear hear!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.