Should this whiny woman I know be allowed to go on holiday?

Re: Should people on benefits be allowed abroad?

Stood in The South Stand said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
No, benefits are supposed to allow people to live at a basic standard, that does not include lazing about on beaches whilst the rest of work to support this!

But she's classed as disabled, not fit to work, so by your logic disabled people should be punished rather than be given help by the state.
I'm quite new to bluemoon but the 'I'm alright Jack' attitude and far right views by a lot of members knocks me sick and I'm seriously beginning to question what I'm doing here.

You will get used to it, there are also a lot of people with the opposing view as you must have seen from the thread. By the way, threatening to leave the board isn't the best way to get sympathy for your argument.

I'm seriously beginning to question what I'm doing here.
These sort of posts annoy me.

Why tell us about it? DO you think anyone will modify their behavior based on an implied thread of you leaving?

Have a go at the far right views if you fancy it, but spare us the fact you may leave.

It depends totally on the circumstances. The "career" claimant should get fuck all. Those who have worked and paid in should get back everything they are entitled to, those who are legitimatley disabled should get all the help they need to live a decent life. The ones who claim disability, but in reality are perfectly fit and able should be shot in either foot and then they can experience disability but without any financial help from the state.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
No, benefits are supposed to allow people to live at a basic standard, that does not include lazing about on beaches whilst the rest of work to support this!

But she's classed as disabled, not fit to work, so by your logic disabled people should be punished rather than be given help by the state.
I'm quite new to bluemoon but the 'I'm alright Jack' attitude and far right views by a lot of members knocks me sick and I'm seriously beginning to question what I'm doing here.

You will get used to it, there are also a lot of people with the opposing view as you must have seen from the thread. By the way, threatening to leave the board isn't the best way to get sympathy for your argument.

followed directly by

-- Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:25 pm --

SWP's back said:
I'm seriously beginning to question what I'm doing here.
These sort of posts annoy me.

Why tell us about it? DO you think anyone will modify their behavior based on an implied thread of you leaving?

Have a go at the far right views if you fancy it, but spare us the fact you may leave.

It's all down to the timing!

glen quagmire said:
Some of the retorts on here is uncalled for. I asked a question, nothing more nothing less. I am honestly considering staying here for years...
Don't do it, for fucks sake.

arthur said:
I have a terminal illness and rely on my family to help me have a reasonable lifestyle which fortunately they do willingly , I've worked most of my adult life but am unable to do so now . Yet some of the thick morons here are saying I should not be allowed to leave the country for a little respite in the time I have left . I would never wish illness on another human but if one of you fascist gobshites were to spend one day in my pain ridden shoes then I'm sure your attitudes might change . To many of you spend far too much time with your heads up your backsides to actually see what is going on in the real world .

Really, really sorry to hear this:-( Take no notice of what they are saying, sometimes some of them just don't think things through properly.

Bluebird1 said:
arthur said:
I have a terminal illness and rely on my family to help me have a reasonable lifestyle which fortunately they do willingly , I've worked most of my adult life but am unable to do so now . Yet some of the thick morons here are saying I should not be allowed to leave the country for a little respite in the time I have left . I would never wish illness on another human but if one of you fascist gobshites were to spend one day in my pain ridden shoes then I'm sure your attitudes might change . To many of you spend far too much time with your heads up your backsides to actually see what is going on in the real world .

Really, really sorry to hear this:-( Take no notice of what they are saying, sometimes some of them just don't think things through properly.

Great post Arthur.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.