Should this whiny woman I know be allowed to go on holiday?

Re: Should people on benefits be allowed abroad?

SWP's back said:
I think most people entering into the debate are being too simplistic on either side to be honest.

If people are in receipt of benefits, they should be able to spend that money as they wish. Why is going on holiday with it any worse than spending it on drink, non "value" brand food or investing it? It's their money and good luck to them.

They (benefits) are there to help those that need it most until such time they can help themselves. Do some people play the system? Unfortunately yes, but one shouldn't tar everyone receiving benefits based on the minority that are scum. Benefits should not come with a stigma.

You (and a few others) have made the point exactly. Nothing is straight forward and we could all learn from walking a few steps in other peoples shoes.

It is hard to judge from forum replies whether people are serious or not, but it does seem that there are some short sighted tossers on here.

Ahh yes, the usual all benefit claimants are scum routine. For the record, i HATE with a passion, those scummy bastards who choose to live off handouts, not all those poor unfortunate people who rely upon them just to maintain some dignity and quality of life.

Do i know about serious illness and disability? Erm, try sitting next to a wonderfully beautiful and brave six year old girl as she passes on from the terrible bastard thing which is cancer. Then when your mid twenty year old brother looks you in the face and says "what am i gonna do without her". Or maybe when your dad at a very very young fifty, tells you that he won't see the week out, due to the doc telling him his cancer in his lungs is slowly drowning him, from the inside?

I know about how important it is, i am not in any minority either. It was a question, that was asked of me, and i thought i'd put it out there to all the wonderful diverse people of bluemoon.

SWP's back said:
I think most people entering into the debate are being too simplistic on either side to be honest.

If people are in receipt of benefits, they should be able to spend that money as they wish. Why is going on holiday with it any worse than spending it on drink, non "value" brand food or investing it? It's their money and good luck to them.

They (benefits) are there to help those that need it most until such time they can help themselves. Do some people play the system? Unfortunately yes, but one shouldn't tar everyone receiving benefits based on the minority that are scum. Benefits should not come with a stigma.

Fucking hippy.

I was signing on for a while this year and spectacularly failed to buy hard drugs, copious amounts of alcohol and foreign holidays on £64 a week.

The biggest problem I have with these threads is that they're always based on made up tabloid stories, hearsay (not the band) and Jeremy Kyle (the show and the man) rather than actual experience.

At a time when unemployment is rife, it's a real shame that there's such a stigma attached to benefits as more and more are beginning to need them.

glen quagmire said:
Ahh yes, the usual all benefit claimants are scum routine. For the record, i HATE with a passion, those scummy bastards who choose to live off handouts, not all those poor unfortunate people who rely upon them just to maintain some dignity and quality of life.

Do i know about serious illness and disability? Erm, try sitting next to a wonderfully beautiful and brave six year old girl as she passes on from the terrible bastard thing which is cancer. Then when your mid twenty year old brother looks you in the face and says "what am i gonna do without her". Or maybe when your dad at a very very young fifty, tells you that he won't see the week out, due to the doc telling him his cancer in his lungs is slowly drowning him, from the inside?

I know about how important it is, i am not in any minority either. It was a question, that was asked of me, and i thought i'd put it out there to all the wonderful diverse people of bluemoon.

I don't think people were actually having ago at you for the OP. I suggested that the way it was written led people down one line of thought, it was not a dig.

But, as I posted, any thread such as this will bring out the 'its all thier fault' responses.

TheMightyQuinn said:
SWP's back said:

Fucking hippy.

I was signing on for a while this year and spectacularly failed to buy hard drugs, copious amounts of alcohol and foreign holidays on £64 a week.

The biggest problem I have with these threads is that they're always based on made up tabloid stories, hearsay (not the band) and Jeremy Kyle (the show and the man) rather than actual experience.

At a time when unemployment is rife, it's a real shame that there's such a stigma attached to benefits as more and more are beginning to need them.
Very true.

OK this thread has turned into a bit of a tiff so I've not read from page 5.
Has anyone pointed out, if this lady is on the sick and suffering with neck problems, she will have to declare this to her holiday insurance company or she will not be covered.
If she has declared it, she will have to pay a premium, which could in fact turn out to be a small fortune.
If she hasn't and something happens whilst she's away which makes her condition worse and renders her immobile, she won't be covered
If this scenario happens, how would you feel if she then puts an SOS out for people to bail her out?

LittleStan said:
SWP's back said:

You (and a few others) have made the point exactly. Nothing is straight forward and we could all learn from walking a few steps in other peoples shoes.

It is hard to judge from forum replies whether people are serious or not, but it does seem that there are some short sighted tossers on here.

In all honesty i have seen both sides of the track and i have seen the good and the bad on both.
Growing up on council estate most people holding down 1 or 2 jobs helping each other out with child care so not having to pay others for it, friends parents looking down there nose at me and my Mum because we were "poor". 2 people across the road from us who were not disabled in anyway claiming disability. So disabled was one he managed to do jobs that many healthy people would struggle with.
Then now living a better life i dont look down on people who try and make a go, who cant get a job, who are truly disabled in any capacity. All these people just like me and Mum were should be given state help to get by. I have always said its never about these people i was one and im not going to be a hypocrite about it. Its the 16yr old girls in the street saying "fack that Sharron i aint gettin a job. Me and Paul iz gonna have another kid so we can get some more money." The career fucking layabouts that think the world owes them something despite never giving anything towards it in there entire lives. The lazy false disabled claimants who get £40,000 a year and spend 4 days a week playing golf, they get found out and fined £2.57 a week.

Unfortunately there has been some vivid line in what poverty really is now as well, its not too long ago when struggling by meant wondering what you had to cut back on to feed yourself that week not i cant afford a full Sky package "how will i survive"<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:37 pm --<br /><br />
BoyBlue_1985 said:
LittleStan said:
SWP's back said:

In all honesty i have seen both sides of the track and i have seen the good and the bad on both.
Growing up on council estate most people holding down 1 or 2 jobs helping each other out with child care so not having to pay others for it, friends parents looking down there nose at me and my Mum because we were "poor". 2 people across the road from us who were not disabled in anyway claiming disability. So disabled was one he managed to do jobs that many healthy people would struggle with.
Then now living a better life i dont look down on people who try and make a go, who cant get a job, who are truly disabled in any capacity. All these people just like me and Mum were should be given state help to get by. I have always said its never about these people i was one and im not going to be a hypocrite about it. Its the 16yr old girls in the street saying "fack that Sharron i aint gettin a job. Me and Paul iz gonna have another kid so we can get some more money." The career fucking layabouts that think the world owes them something despite never giving anything towards it in there entire lives. The lazy false disabled claimants who get £40,000 a year and spend 4 days a week playing golf, they get found out and fined £2.57 a week.

Unfortunately there has been some vivid line in what poverty really is now as well, its not too long ago when struggling by meant wondering what you had to cut back on to feed yourself that week not i cant afford a full Sky package "how will i survive"

Sorry about the rant it might be disjointed and not make much sense

People in wheelchairs should be made to swim the channel if they want a holiday. lazy scum.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
LittleStan said:
SWP's back said:

Unfortunately there has been some vivid line in what poverty really is now as well, its not too long ago when struggling by meant wondering what you had to cut back on to feed yourself that week not i cant afford a full Sky package "how will i survive"

-- Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:37 pm --

BoyBlue_1985 said:
LittleStan said:

Sorry about the rant it might be disjointed and not make much sense

No, not a rant a fucking brilliant post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.