Should this whiny woman I know be allowed to go on holiday?

Re: Should people on benefits be allowed abroad?

glen quagmire said:
Ahh yes, the usual all benefit claimants are scum routine. For the record, i HATE with a passion, those scummy bastards who choose to live off handouts, not all those poor unfortunate people who rely upon them just to maintain some dignity and quality of life.

Do i know about serious illness and disability? Erm, try sitting next to a wonderfully beautiful and brave six year old girl as she passes on from the terrible bastard thing which is cancer. Then when your mid twenty year old brother looks you in the face and says "what am i gonna do without her". Or maybe when your dad at a very very young fifty, tells you that he won't see the week out, due to the doc telling him his cancer in his lungs is slowly drowning him, from the inside?

I know about how important it is, i am not in any minority either. It was a question, that was asked of me, and i thought i'd put it out there to all the wonderful diverse people of bluemoon.
I don't think anybody on this forum or in society as a whole would begrudge benefit payments to genuine cases. That's what the welfare state was designed for. As with a lot of other well intentioned ideas, it's open to abuse and is being abused by career claimants. Those kind of people are doing a dis-service to people in real need of help.
It would be stupid and ignorant to claim that everybody on benefits is a scrounger. You might as well state that all fat people are lazy, all muslims are terrorists and all ginger people smell like biscuits.

The Pink Panther said:
OK this thread has turned into a bit of a tiff so I've not read from page 5.
Has anyone pointed out, if this lady is on the sick and suffering with neck problems, she will have to declare this to her holiday insurance company or she will not be covered.
If she has declared it, she will have to pay a premium, which could in fact turn out to be a small fortune.
If she hasn't and something happens whilst she's away which makes her condition worse and renders her immobile, she won't be covered
If this scenario happens, how would you feel if she then puts an SOS out for people to bail her out?
Majorca is part of the EU and as such, she needs not bother with travel insurance as an E 111 will suffice.

SWP's back said:
The Pink Panther said:
Has anyone pointed out, if this lady is on the sick and suffering with neck problems, she will have to declare this to her holiday insurance company or she will not be covered.
If she has declared it, she will have to pay a premium, which could in fact turn out to be a small fortune.
If she hasn't and something happens whilst she's away which makes her condition worse and renders her immobile, she won't be covered
If this scenario happens, how would you feel if she then puts an SOS out for people to bail her out?
Majorca is part of the EU and as such, she needs not bother with travel insurance as an E 111 will suffice.
Are you sure mate? We have the E111 but were told that we also need to take out medical insurance as well.

SWP's back said:
The Pink Panther said:

What the E111 does not cover

It does not cover:

* The EHIC is not a substitute or replacement for private travel insurance. You should always take out an appropriate private policy in addition to carrying your EHIC.
* It will not cover the costs of private healthcare or services that are not part of the state healthcare system.
* It will not cover the costs of being brought back to the UK.
* It will not allow you to go abroad to specifically receive treatment (including going abroad to give birth).
* The card may not be used in some regions, as there may be no state provided healthcare available.

So if she does become immobile, the E111 will not cover the cost of her family staying with her and it will not cover the repatriation costs

The Pink Panther said:
SWP's back said:
The Pink Panther said:

It does not cover:

* The EHIC is not a substitute or replacement for private travel insurance. You should always take out an appropriate private policy in addition to carrying your EHIC.
* It will not cover the costs of private healthcare or services that are not part of the state healthcare system.
* It will not allow you to go abroad to specifically receive treatment (including going abroad to give birth).
* The card may not be used in some regions, as there may be no state provided healthcare available.

So if she does become immobile, the E111 will not cover the cost of her family staying with her and it will not cover the repatriation costs
No, but 99.99% of the time you don't need that anyway.

The E111 will cover the costs of care and treatment, much like the NHS does in the UK. It is simply an equivilancy.

SWP's back said:
The Pink Panther said:
SWP's back said:

It does not cover:

No, but 99.99% of the time you don't need that anyway.

The E111 will cover the costs of care and treatment, much like the NHS does in the UK. It is simply an equivilancy.

She has supposedly a chronic neck problem, chances are if she's going to take ill, it'll be that, especially if she is going on the piss in her high heeled shoes
If I knew I had a serious health issue, I wouldn't travel without peace of mind
My Mother in Law has major back problems and her additional health insurance is not insubstantial. She will not travel abroad without this cover.

If we're going to speculate about a woman none of us know, is anyone else worried that she won't pack enough knickers meaning that by the end of the holiday she'll either have to spend more taxpayers money on new ones or walk about with a stinking minge?

Certainly not. In fact, I'd cut off their internets, disconnect their SKY signal, put a block on their phones to stop them dialling takeaway numbers and arrest them on sight if they are spotted wearing Nike Air Max trainers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.