Should this whiny woman I know be allowed to go on holiday?

Re: Should people on benefits be allowed abroad?

johnmc said:
Depends on the benefit. There are.benefits for a wide range of things.
What benefit would they have to be in recipt of to not be allowed to go abroad in your view?

Happy Feet said:
LongLang said:
Been there pal. Macdonalds are not arsed if your a nobel prize winner as long as you do the job they ask for minimum wage.
Glen quagmire put on here a few months ago about there being jobs in macdonalds in town, and another poster, who was moaning about there being no jobs, said he couldnt take it because he was vegan and didnt agree with macdonalds prinviples etc. so i work and pay my taxes while he sits at home being self rightous collecting free money.
Im not a fan of picking up dog shit, but if it paid, and was the only way i could feed my family honestly rather than taking a living from other peoples hard work, then i would do it.

Thats the difference between someone who wants to work and someone isnt bothered.
Correct

I am sure you are right in some cases.

I applied to an agency for driving jobs to be told, and I remember the words pretty well.

"Why should we put you on the books when we have 100's of drivers looking for work who will not move as soon as a better job comes along"

At any one point in time there are 100's of jobs, at the same point in time there are 1000's of people looking for them.

The maths do not support your 'can't be bothered' argument

You could pick the vegan example, I can pick a driving example.

Companies can get exactly what they want from the market, this does not in any way suggest that the majority of people don't want the 'shitty' jobs.

I can't get the shitty job. Nothing to do with not being bothered. And I am certainly not alone.

SWP's back said:
johnmc said:
Depends on the benefit. There are.benefits for a wide range of things.
What benefit would they have to be in recipt of to not be allowed to go abroad in your view?

To go abroad? I didnt say that did I? I said holiday.

If someone was on job seekers for more than 12 months they should qualify the purpose of any trips abroad. If they are going on a two week jolly to tenerife I'd cut their benefit.

LittleStan said:
Happy Feet said:
LongLang said:
Been there pal. Macdonalds are not arsed if your a nobel prize winner as long as you do the job they ask for minimum wage.
Glen quagmire put on here a few months ago about there being jobs in macdonalds in town, and another poster, who was moaning about there being no jobs, said he couldnt take it because he was vegan and didnt agree with macdonalds prinviples etc. so i work and pay my taxes while he sits at home being self rightous collecting free money.
Im not a fan of picking up dog shit, but if it paid, and was the only way i could feed my family honestly rather than taking a living from other peoples hard work, then i would do it.

Thats the difference between someone who wants to work and someone isnt bothered.
Correct

I applied to an agency for driving jobs to be told, and I remember the words pretty well.

"Why should we put you on the books when we have 100's of drivers looking for work who will not move as soon as a better job comes along"

At any one point in time there are 100's of jobs, at the same point in time there are 1000's of people looking for them.

Companies can get exactly what they want from the market, this does not in any way suggest that the majority of people don't want the 'shitty' jobs.

I can't get the shitty job. Nothing to do with not being bothered. And I am certainly not alone.
ONS said there are an average of 18 applicants for every job, I use <a class="postlink" href="http://www.reed.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.reed.co.uk</a> and the amount of "menial" jobs that have over 400 applicants is scary

idahoblues said:
There's a bill here they're trying to get put up for election to make drug testing mandatory for wellfare recipients....
Wasn't that or something similar on The Daily Show a few weeks ago?

tueartsboots said:
LittleStan said:
Happy Feet said:

ONS said there are an average of 18 applicants for every job, I use <a class="postlink" href="http://www.reed.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.reed.co.uk</a> and the amount of "menial" jobs that have over 400 applicants is scary

probably right.
when i take interviews, for a variety of roles, which are advertised in the job centre, i get around 20-30 applicants.
5 of which are trying to get a job, the other 15-25 turn up late, no interest in the job and try their best not to get employed.
of the 5 that are employed, we may get 1 or 2 that stay for more than a month.
as long as they apply for some jobs, they are fine to keep collecting JSA.

Just been to sign on,2 minutes in and out. £275 a week.now im back home and can start planning my next holiday while watching jeremy kyle on my 52" plasma screen.Fillet steak is in the slow cooker and champagne on ice for tonights game.So glad i dont have to work tomorrow.

NB. Statistics provide by the daily fail

Longland quote: Macdonalds are not arsed if your a nobel prize winner as long as you do the job they ask for minimum wage.

Very untrue.

My mate manages fast food outlets so does the hiring and firing. Loads of applications for the one job nowadays so getting an interview is difficult. He doesn't pick the people with the most qualifications or most job history. From years of experience he picks the people who are just about competent and will be happyish doing the job. They last a lot longer. Plus minimum wage is less for younger people.

You're more likely to see an honest politican before a Nobel prize winner working at McDonald's.

just seen an advert in the MEN. "301 jobs in todays issue"

the MEN is 1 paper in manchester, which is 1 place to find jobs.
now add the advertiser, the reporter and all the other local papers offering jobs. then add the job centres and job search websites.
there are plenty to apply for if you are willing to look.
nobody will just give you a job, you have to put yourself about and take a job.
i know of people fired who picked up a job the very next day, because they went out and found one.
i also know that the only person i know to leave his job, still hasn't found one....... because he can't be arsed to look. a lazy twat to reliant on mummy and daddy feeding him and keeping a roof on his head.
spot the difference.
you may not like what im saying, but benefits are for people who CAN'T work, not for people who WONT work.

LongLang said:
just seen an advert in the MEN. "301 jobs in todays issue"

the MEN is 1 paper in manchester, which is 1 place to find jobs.
now add the advertiser, the reporter and all the other local papers offering jobs. then add the job centres and job search websites.
there are plenty to apply for if you are willing to look.
nobody will just give you a job, you have to put yourself about and take a job.
i know of people fired who picked up a job the very next day, because they went out and found one.
i also know that the only person i know to leave his job, still hasn't found one....... because he can't be arsed to look. a lazy twat to reliant on mummy and daddy feeding him and keeping a roof on his head.
spot the difference.
you may not like what im saying, but benefits are for people who CAN'T work, not for people who WONT work.

I agree with the last bit.

Now spend all afternoon ringing some of those ad's and applying for the jobs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.