Should We Be Magnanimous In Our Treble, CL And PL Chanting This Season?

Just got in from the pub looking forward to an early finish for Burnley tommoz. I have got to admit I can't get Treble, Treble to Bowie out of my head. I am worried I won't be able to sing anything else!

Not heard this song but lots of scope with it.

Treble treble, your clubs are a mess, 115 charges and fair play we still beat the best, treble treble you'll never sing that, hot Blues we love you so.

Treble treble, your clubs are a mess, 115 charges and fair play we still beat the best, treble treble you'll never sing that, hot Blues we love you so.
Treble treble uniteds a mess, treble treble Jurgens depressed, treble treble what do you know, Citys... won three in a row

I replied to you this morning about this. Liverpool were the first English club to win a treble with the 1983-84 European Cup, First Division and League Cup treble.

I think we’d look a bit daft singing that they haven’t won one even if the League Cup isn’t the FA Cup, it’s still a major domestic trophy and I’ve no idea how United are always credited with being the first to win the treble.

League cup?!

Ask any Rag or football pundit, there’s only one proper Treble.

The Rags called the Liverpool Treble the Mickey Mouse Treble. They still do.

4-AA10-C34-9-B09-42-F9-A78-D-7-A394140-F648.webp

Treble treble, United’s a mess
Treble treble, Jurgen’s depressed
Treble treble, we want you to know
City, three in a row
du du du du du du du du du du

As a set of fans we’ve always been quite understated when singing about the clubs achievements. Which most opposing fans respect us for, bar the usual suspects.
Does this include the ones we used to sing ‘we’ll buy your club and burn it down’ to?

League cup?!

Ask any Rag or football pundit, there’s only one proper Treble.

The Rags called the Liverpool Treble the Mickey Mouse Treble. They still do.

4-AA10-C34-9-B09-42-F9-A78-D-7-A394140-F648.webp
No, that was their 2001 UEFA Cup, FA Cup, League Cup treble they mock (although they shouldn’t). That one isn’t a proper European treble. But their 1984 one was.

There are lots of different doubles and trebles, we’ve won some previously with our 1970, 2014, 2018 and 2021 doubles and the Domestic Treble in 2019.

There’s only one Quadruple though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jrb
Treble treble, United’s a mess
Treble treble, Jurgen’s depressed
Treble treble, we want you to know
City, three in a row

Yes I'm sure we'll perfect it. Great song, simple and easy to adapt to a terrace chant.

Reactions: CC1
No, that was their 2001 UEFA Cup, FA Cup, League Cup treble they mock. That one isn’t a proper European treble. But their 1984 one was.
Splitting perms mate. ;-) The 1984 Liverpool achievement doesn’t better the 2023 City proper treble.

Liverpool have never done the English Treble/Quadruple in one season either

All Liverpool have over City is 6x’s.

I wouldn’t swap that for the proper treble in 1 season and the English domestic treble In 1 season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.