Should we keep RM whatever happens this season. Yes or no?

Damn right we should keep him. Although this season may ultimately end in disappointment (I use that word advisedly as second in the PL surely shouldn't be a disappointment), progress is tangible. In my opinion, bringing in anyone else would halt that progress.

bluemiester said:
Killafleez said:
5th, then 3rd & FA cup, now at least 2nd position. Why would you replace him!?! Rome or the walls of babylon weren't built in a day!

I think that's a very generous way of looking at things and not really representative of Prem history. Only two other teams have had such great financial backing from a rich owner comparitive to the competition. Yet both Chelsea and Blackburn won the Prem within 3 seasons. I think it's ridiculous how people defend Mancinni by simply outlining how we've moved forward, as given the extraordinary financial benefits we have, the very least we should expect in progress. I'm not saying he should stay or go, but he deserves very little in the way of praise. Given how long the owners have been at the club and the money we've spent, we should expect to be challenging on all 4 fronts no matter who is in charge.

You may think I'm being unfair, but 8 members of our sqaud cost over £20 million. The are numerous others who cost over £14 million. You can over complicate things all you want by talking about needing time etc, but the truth is compared to other massive spenders, we've progressed the slowest, yet have probably had the biggest financial advantage ever. Two years after Abramovich took over, Mourinho made mice meat of Utd, by finishing 18 points ahead of them. Our fans tend to compare us and Bobby to other current Prem teams, but in reality to get a better view of how things are going we need to look at the rare examples of other clubs that have been on a position like ours. When you do that, Bobby's 5th, 3rd, 2nd (hope not) and an FA Cup, don't look so good.

The cost of the players is not a fair reflection of their abilities, more of a reflection of the market at the time they were signed and the reputation of City having lots of money among possibly other things. We are progressing, whether fast enough is another discussion but there certainly is progress and the season is not over yet.

I think he´s on a slippery slope. We are just going backwards and he has a squad the envy of everyone. One more year but I have a feeling that if this blundering continues till the end of the season the owners will shove.
I like Bob but with the backing and the squad we have we should not be in a run of poor form that has lasted 4 months if the truth be known.

bluemiester said:
Killafleez said:
5th, then 3rd & FA cup, now at least 2nd position. Why would you replace him!?! Rome or the walls of babylon weren't built in a day!

I think that's a very generous way of looking at things and not really representative of Prem history. Only two other teams have had such great financial backing from a rich owner comparitive to the competition. Yet both Chelsea and Blackburn won the Prem within 3 seasons. I think it's ridiculous how people defend Mancinni by simply outlining how we've moved forward, as given the extraordinary financial benefits we have, the very least we should expect in progress. I'm not saying he should stay or go, but he deserves very little in the way of praise. Given how long the owners have been at the club and the money we've spent, we should expect to be challenging on all 4 fronts no matter who is in charge.

You may think I'm being unfair, but 8 members of our sqaud cost over £20 million. The are numerous others who cost over £14 million. You can over complicate things all you want by talking about needing time etc, but the truth is compared to other massive spenders, we've progressed the slowest, yet have probably had the biggest financial advantage ever. Two years after Abramovich took over, Mourinho made mice meat of Utd, by finishing 18 points ahead of them. Our fans tend to compare us and Bobby to other current Prem teams, but in reality to get a better view of how things are going we need to look at the rare examples of other clubs that have been on a position like ours. When you do that, Bobby's 5th, 3rd, 2nd (hope not) and an FA Cup, don't look so good.

Mate its about continuity. The reason we didn't roll over and lose today is because of the winning mentality Bobby has instilled in our team. Chelsea were in the CL even before Roman took over and many many other clubs such as Malaga have failed to reach the standards despite heavy investment. Heck, even PSG is 2nd in the league at the moment despite their Oil investment or being coached by who many here consider to be a better manager than Mancini. As martin o neill said, its history that is against us - the general lack of success of this club in recent decades and being minnows to our neighbours for so long/. But from the fa cup victory over them to the 1-6, slowly Bobby is helping to change our mentality to be champions. And if not this year, Im certain we will it next year, because we will be stronger. Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham may get stronger so itd be closer and tightly fought but we will still win it because of the winning mentality Bobby has instilled in us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.