Should we keep RM whatever happens this season. Yes or no?

pauljv92 said:
bluemiester said:
Killafleez said:
5th, then 3rd & FA cup, now at least 2nd position. Why would you replace him!?! Rome or the walls of babylon weren't built in a day!

I think that's a very generous way of looking at things and not really representative of Prem history. Only two other teams have had such great financial backing from a rich owner comparitive to the competition. Yet both Chelsea and Blackburn won the Prem within 3 seasons. I think it's ridiculous how people defend Mancinni by simply outlining how we've moved forward, as given the extraordinary financial benefits we have, the very least we should expect in progress. I'm not saying he should stay or go, but he deserves very little in the way of praise. Given how long the owners have been at the club and the money we've spent, we should expect to be challenging on all 4 fronts no matter who is in charge.

You may think I'm being unfair, but 8 members of our sqaud cost over £20 million. The are numerous others who cost over £14 million. You can over complicate things all you want by talking about needing time etc, but the truth is compared to other massive spenders, we've progressed the slowest, yet have probably had the biggest financial advantage ever. Two years after Abramovich took over, Mourinho made mice meat of Utd, by finishing 18 points ahead of them. Our fans tend to compare us and Bobby to other current Prem teams, but in reality to get a better view of how things are going we need to look at the rare examples of other clubs that have been on a position like ours. When you do that, Bobby's 5th, 3rd, 2nd (hope not) and an FA Cup, don't look so good.

Mate its about continuity. The reason we didn't roll over and lose today is because of the winning mentality Bobby has instilled in our team. Chelsea were in the CL even before Roman took over and many many other clubs such as Malaga have failed to reach the standards despite heavy investment. Heck, even PSG is 2nd in the league at the moment despite their Oil investment or being coached by who many here consider to be a better manager than Mancini. As martin o neill said, its history that is against us - the general lack of success of this club in recent decades and being minnows to our neighbours for so long/. But from the fa cup victory over them to the 1-6, slowly Bobby is helping to change our mentality to be champions. And if not this year, Im certain we will it next year, because we will be stronger. Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham may get stronger so itd be closer and tightly fought but we will still win it because of the winning mentality Bobby has instilled in us.

I'm not saying he should stay or go, but fans so often come out with statemtns such as "it's about continutiy" with very little to back it up. There are examples of clubs being successful by keepinga coach, but there a loads more who progress quickly by changing a coach. People point to Fergie as a manger that was given time, but ignore the likes of Mourinho and Wenger who replaced managers and made rapid progress.

Also you can't really make claims about Bobby giving us a winning mentality. The improvements have conincided with massive spening in the transfer market on world class players. Yet fans come out with things that are completely unsubstantiated, such as he's given us a "winning mentallity" and thus beleive he's really doing a good job.

Chesea lost 7 games the season prior to Mourinho and just 1 in his fisrt season. The difference he made was massive and quick. PSG have only this season had the big money. Malaga are where we were when Hughes took over.

Basically it's difficult to quantify what Bobby has really added. A lto of fans like him and seeing as we've improved actively look for reasons to credit him for this. But if you take a look a football history and how the geam really works, there is no reason to believe he's much of an asset to the club. I think the truth is we'll win the league next season, as we will spend a fortune in the summer. Then whoever is in charge, be it Bobby or someone else, will get praise for being "tactically astute" or a "born winner" etc.

In my opinion, if we buy Modric or Hazard, we could leave Kidd and Platt in charge next year and we'd win the league.

Yes we should but we should also tell him he has fucked up this season.

He deserves one more season. Stability is key to building a successful team. We may have blown it, but we have got to be patient! We are only a few players away off winning this league. I'd give him one more season to deliver us the title. Knee Jerk decisions aren't the way to go- look at Chelsea. We need one or two minor tweaks. We are nearly there, there's no point in changing that! We might even win it this season with any luck- you never know!

Said I was pretty certain he wouldnt be here in 3 seasons, now I doubt he will make it to next.

It's becoming obvious that we should at least be looking at other options.

citizens_1976 said:
He deserves one more season. Stability is key to building a successful team. We may have blown it, but we have got to be patient! We are only a few players away off winning this league. I'd give him one more season to deliver us the title.

I agree. Lets not forget we've been top for a very long time and but for that awful day v the rags and the tevez saga I think we'd have still been on top of the pile comfortably. We can all learn from this year, the manager, the players and the fans.

citymad said:
citizens_1976 said:
He deserves one more season. Stability is key to building a successful team. We may have blown it, but we have got to be patient! We are only a few players away off winning this league. I'd give him one more season to deliver us the title.

I agree. Lets not forget we've been top for a very long time and but for that awful day v the rags and the tevez saga I think we'd have been top comfortably. We can all learn from this year, the manager, the players and the fans.

Yes, he must and will stay. The owners are patient and have a mid to long-term plan. Its the supporters who have suddently fogotten that.

citymad said:
citizens_1976 said:

I agree. Lets not forget we've been top for a very long time and but for that awful day v the rags and the tevez saga I think we'd have been top comfortably. We can all learn from this year, the manager, the players and the fans.
Yes, I'm as gutted as anyone that I think we have blown our chance due to the great start we made and the records we have broken, but in this stage in our progress it would be absolutely suicidal to change the manager right now. He might not be the man for the job, he might have another 3 years and not progress, but to change a manager at this stage would be crazy!!

blackleyed said:
Would the Mancini doubters want him sacking if there was no chance of getting Mourinho?

Depends on the alternatives - personally i aint that hung up on Mouriniho - would seriously take a look at the Swansea chap and there will be others

Mancini has run his course - 8 games to go and he starts with squad rotation - he made sure we fooked up the europa - CL - FA and CC so squad rotation should not be an issue - Clichy should have started today Silva possibly should not and Ballo for all his individual brilliance every now and then is not a team player.

Dzeko first touch is shite but has a decent wqork ethic
Ballo is capable of brilliance but ant a team player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.