should we keep the south stand as it was yesterday?

goater1978 said:
I thought at Maine road the away fans were in the north stand, on the right hand side? Very similar to how the away fans are these days? True this is based on post 1992.....

The away fans got moved around a lot at MR, I think when segragation came in they had the Platt lane end of the Kippax and the uncovered corner, after the Valley Parade fire they got the entire Platt lane stand instead. After the Platt lane stand was rebuilt they were moved to the Kippax end of the North Stand, the Etihad's seating plan is a mirror of Maine Road so they are still in the equivalent of where they were at MR.

Yes.

Lots of people answering different questions here.

Not an issue of whether it "worked" vs Villareal in an unusual messed-around CL fixture where we let in an early goal to dampen the mood.

I sit in CB Level 2 and it is quite clear that it is difficult for level 1 of East Stand near away fans to get act together with south stand next to away fans.
Chants / songs often in competition.

(at risk of stoking fires....East Stand Level 1 always seems far more vocal + "together" than the south stand...who seem more interested in taunting away fans...I know this is a delicate point, but I have no axe to grind and the main source of atmosphere within the ground is East Stand Level 1 near away fans by a mile.)

To me it is a no-brainer to put all our most vocal + enthusiastic suporters together behind one goal...and make it clear to season card holders:
- it will be noisy
- there will be lots of standing

Sc seat is in 109 but moved into the away section for the game in 114.

The atmosphere was quality and it worked, what could make it alot better though is relocating either the corner blocks of East stand or South Stand... and putting the away fans there, so away fans would have 111/110/109 (if they sold it) and we would be closer to them, which would make it better atmosphere... it was obvious the "banter" was missing on Tuesday, as many chants we'd pretend to be away fans and 111/110/109 would pretend we were away's as well.

I'd happily relocate my SC for this.

Stevie B said:

The atmosphere was quality and it worked, what could make it alot better though is relocating either the corner blocks of East stand or South Stand... and putting the away fans there, so away fans would have 111/110/109 (if they sold it) and we would be closer to them, which would make it better atmosphere... it was obvious the "banter" was missing on Tuesday, as many chants we'd pretend to be away fans and 111/110/109 would pretend we were away's as well.

like my post a couple above, i'd fuck them off out of the way of the t.v cameras to 119-121 area, then obviously have 109 to 118 standing, wow 8 blocks with the banter included imagine that. it would be intense.

ban-mcfc said:
Stevie B said:

like my post a couple above, i'd fuck them off out of the way of the t.v cameras to 119-121 area, then obviously have 109 to 118 standing, wow 8 blocks with the banter included imagine that. it would be intense.

Nice, even better putting them on the other side....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.