should we keep the south stand as it was yesterday?

Sat at other end to see what I thought of the noise,

Wasn't very impressed, shit game I know but I'm sure if I was in there it would have sounded good, the noise level just doesn't travel well at the etihad!

Unless it comes down the east stand..

We are the kippax!

Yes. We shouldn't need to be next to the away fans to make some noise, but seems as though that's what a lot want - move them into the corner. We need as full vocal end!

No .

Aston Villa have done something similar in the last couple of seasons , moved away fans from behind the goal to generate a better atmosphere for their own fans , it may look better on the television but the atmosphere hasnt altered one bit .<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:03 am --<br /><br />
whitt said:
Yes. We shouldn't need to be next to the away fans to make some noise, but seems as though that's what a lot want - move them into the corner. We need as full vocal end!

Its took people seven seasons to move to a part of the ground that there comfortable with so why move people now , seems to me that a lot of the new fans want this one end nonsense to be honest , the way things are isnt hindering the team is it , were undefeated in 24/25 games at Home .

I'm not a new fan. It might not improve the atmosphere, as it didn't the other night. But it would be better to have 109, 110, 111 (who want to be vocal) in with the rest of the South Stand so we can make a collective noise instead of "We are not - the best team in the land - we're not really here".

YES!

The stadium has never looked so good. Just like when we moved to the stadium in 2003, it would just take a little while for everyone to move with their mates and get certain groups used to starting the songs. It would also take no time at all for fans to get used to no away fans being next to them.

Vocal stands all over the place across the country are nowhere near the away sections. At Newcastle, Leeds, both Sehffield clubs, Blackburn, the Rags, Everton, Liverpool, Stoke, West Brom, Villa, Brum, Derby, Forest, West Ham....etc etc etc the away fans are fucked off in the shittest part of the stadium and the vocal end is up the other end. At our ground away fans have pride of place, split our vocal fans in two, if Fulham come with a coach load our atmosphere is shit because there's no fan interaction, if big clubs come with 2800 our atmosphere is shit because our vocal areas are outsung. Our vocal stands and atmosphere is the absolute worst thing about our football club. I'd go as far to say they are fucking pathetic!

Give Operation One End chance to develop and grow, and within three years it would be fucking good [although i still wouldn't be happy as one end at our effort of a football stadium only holds 6000 which would still leave us with fewer fans in vocal areas than all the clubs i've listed above have in theirs!].

OR, if fans cannot live without the away fans near them;

SeatingPlannerEtihad.png

Join the East/South corner with the South Stand City fans. This would be done by swapping the South Stand away section with the South Stand City section. So, City's vocal areas would be 109-115. The away fans would then be in 116-118. I've even looked at the police barriers on leaving the stadium and all the police would need to do is put them at a slight angle so the away fans can get to their coach park easily:
Like this \\ instead of like this || with the barriers. It's simple as...

The City vocal area would still be near to the away fans for all the banter they like to have, so no problem there. We'd have a joined forces vocal section that would be twice as loud as either of them are currently, so a big positive there too. And the away fans would be tucked away where you can't see them on tele, so another good thing as you'd just see a larger mass of colourful, stood-up, noise making City fans instead - a huge plus!

-- Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:54 am --

notts blue said:
Sat at other end to see what I thought of the noise,

Wasn't very impressed, shit game I know but I'm sure if I was in there it would have sounded good, the noise level just doesn't travel well at the etihad!

Unless it comes down the east stand..

We are the kippax!
The only good atmospheres that there have been at our stadium is when the East Stand is in full voice. It's probably happened five times since we've been there: Chelsea twice, Villa once, one derby and Hamburg. The rest of the time, our vocal areas are so small they create so little noise it's barely noticable around the ground and when watching back on Football First you can't hear a dickybird. It's just a shame the East Stand is full of fans who can't be arsed with it (i'm in 105 so not slagging for no reason, i'm in with them so know first hand!).

CHT said:
Aston Villa have done something similar in the last couple of seasons , moved away fans from behind the goal to generate a better atmosphere for their own fans , it may look better on the television but the atmosphere hasnt altered one bit .
Martin O'Neill moved the away fans from behind the goal so they couldn't be seen on television. It doesn't matter how much noise the Villa fans make in the stand where away fans used to be because they have the Holt End at the other end that holds 14500 fans and when they're on song they are amongst the very best for making noise in the Prem!

danburge82 said:
YES!

The stadium has never looked so good. Just like when we moved to the stadium in 2003, it would just take a little while for everyone to move with their mates and get certain groups used to starting the songs. It would also take no time at all for fans to get used to no away fans being next to them.

Vocal stands all over the place across the country are nowhere near the away sections. At Newcastle, Leeds, both Sehffield clubs, Blackburn, the Rags, Everton, Liverpool, Stoke, West Brom, Villa, Brum, Derby, Forest, West Ham....etc etc etc the away fans are fucked off in the shittest part of the stadium and the vocal end is up the other end. At our ground away fans have pride of place, split our vocal fans in two, if Fulham come with a coach load our atmosphere is shit because there's no fan interaction, if big clubs come with 2800 our atmosphere is shit because our vocal areas are outsung. Our vocal stands and atmosphere is the absolute worst thing about our football club. I'd go as far to say they are fucking pathetic!

Give Operation One End chance to develop and grow, and within three years it would be fucking good [although i still wouldn't be happy as one end at our effort of a football stadium only holds 6000 which would still leave us with fewer fans in vocal areas than all the clubs i've listed above have in theirs!].

OR, if fans cannot live without the away fans near them;

SeatingPlannerEtihad.png

Join the East/South corner with the South Stand City fans. This would be done by swapping the South Stand away section with the South Stand City section. So, City's vocal areas would be 109-115. The away fans would then be in 116-118. I've even looked at the police barriers on leaving the stadium and all the police would need to do is put them at a slight angle so the away fans can get to their coach park easily:
Like this \\ instead of like this || with the barriers. It's simple as...

would rather have an entire stand of city fans, by moving the away fans into the third tier, we dont need away fans to create an atmosphere, we need us as fans to get off our lazy asses and sing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.