should we keep the south stand as it was yesterday?

The best atmosphere this season was at Blackburn where there was zero interaction with their fans, just constant support for the manager, team and club.

The banter with the away fans may be enjoyable for those taking part but it shouldnt be confused with the real atmosphere that is created by getting behind and supporting the team. None of the players are going to be inspired or encouraged by fans trading insults. The away fans make more noise on 90% of these occasions so its counter productive anyway. And the banter stays exclusively at that end of the ground, it never gets picked up by fans in other areas. It wouldnt be so bad if the banter was an occasional thing but it seems to account for about 70% of the noise coming from the south stand.

Put the away fans in the north stand. Then people will get the south stand that they want. That would improve the atmosphere at that end of the ground

However I do think it would just reverse the problem as the best atmospheres ate usually next to the away fans.

Just out of interest...

...exactly what ground's atmosphere are we trying to emulate or better?

In modern day english football, the only opportunities for "atmosphere" are large away followings at the likes of Blackburn / Bolton / Wigan etc.

I know everyone says that the atmosphere at our stadium is frequently disappointing....but is it any better at Arsenal / Chelsea / Utd / Liverpool etc??

It seems to me that the likes of Stoke + Spurs can get a decent noise level going for a few minutes each game because of:
- better acoustics within ground
- a general willingness to join in a song from all round the ground.

Other than that...I would say the Etihad is actually better than a library like the Emirates.

No harm in trying to improve, though...so the South Stand initiative gets a thumbs up from me.

Depends how you call atmosphere! I think atmosphere is about the whole ground not just one stand. It was no different for us at the other end, usual moaners and thick nobs who obviously have never watched a game of football in their life. If you want a really top atmosphere the whole ground needs to be up for it and unfortunately that hasn't really happened since Maine Road.

So IMO the banter with the away fans and the atmosphere the away fans provide is unfortunately needed, leave it as it was.

Yes. Well we should at least give it another try when Bayern play us and see if having them in the CB lv3 makes the people near them sing, and with the SS and kippax chanting away it should be a night to remember. It would help if the SS and kippax sang the same song as sometimes there was different chants going on and even banter between each other, I'm sure the kippax was calling someone in the SS a bertie! wtf, that's what the scum call us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.