Sign Landon Donavon !

I agree that signing Donovan might be appealing from the club's perspective.

America is still a pretty wide open market and awareness of the sport, and Donovan in particular, has never been higher.

Despite his reputation as a soft California kid, he had a successful trial run in the NW of England during the winter months and by all accounts enjoyed his stay.

Garry Cook is involved.

Two of his USMNT teammates had semi-successful stays at City.

He is at least as good as SWP at this point and less of an injury risk than Bellamy.

The club would generate a lot of publicity here unveiling him before the Inter match in Baltimore at the end of July.

With ESPN now have televising rights, they would hype their City games across many platforms. He could do for City in America what Park does for the rags in Asia.

It makes sense that City would at least think about it.

As an American I was disappointed in Donavon verus Ghana. Especially after scoring the game winner in the previous game. Thought he would have more confidence. Donavon shyed away from the ball. Playing simple back passes and square balls. When there were one on one chances he just held the ball waiting for help. Even freekicks he didn't step up to take and played several short corners. The best player on the team at one point has to want the ball and make plays.

US_Citizen said:
As an American I was disappointed in Donavon verus Ghana. Especially after scoring the game winner in the previous game. Thought he would have more confidence. Donavon shyed away from the ball. Playing simple back passes and square balls. When there were one on one chances he just held the ball waiting for help. Even freekicks he didn't step up to take and played several short corners. The best player on the team at one point has to want the ball and make plays.

Wouldn't some of those traits work at City? It tells me his ego wouldn't be a problem.

jackqueen said:

America is still a pretty wide open market and awareness of the sport, and Donovan in particular, has never been higher.

Despite his reputation as a soft California kid, he had a successful trial run in the NW of England during the winter months and by all accounts enjoyed his stay.

Garry Cook is involved.

He is at least as good as SWP at this point and less of an injury risk than Bellamy.

The club would generate a lot of publicity here unveiling him before the Inter match in Baltimore at the end of July.

With ESPN now have televising rights, they would hype their City games across many platforms. He could do for City in America what Park does for the rags in Asia.

we are trying to win things pal ..not sell shirts

I love the fact that all those whom labelled me a "nob" for suggesting we buy him are now very quiet. Wouldnt be suprised to see us go for him. Just goes to show how many people on this forum actually know about football. Tits.

look what i found

<a class="postlink" href="http://english.sina.com/sports/p/2010/0628/326782.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://english.sina.com/sports/p/2010/0628/326782.html</a>

yozzer said:
jackqueen said:

Garry Cook is involved.

we are trying to win things pal ..not sell shirts

Im sure we are trying to do both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.