Sign martinez now

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is "The Insider" (I know, I know) take on Martinez to City from the Daily Mail. He rates the probability as 2/5. BTW he rates Modric to Real as a 5/5 possibility, looks like there are serious legs on that one which means we could keep Merlin long term.

City are keen to bring the Spaniard to Eastlands and considered themselves favourites to outbid their rivals Bayern Munich and Barcelona. It was clear the player's preference if he left Bilbao was to join his compatriots at Barca and the likes of Pedro have encouraged their club to make the necessary bid of £36m to reach his buy-out clause. However, Sportsmail understands that there have been developments today with Bayern looking to beat their rivals to the punch and agree the fee first. The player has yet to agree but that will leave Barca in a difficult position and put the onus on City also to match the terms.

LoveCity said:
This is "The Insider" (I know, I know) take on Martinez to City from the Daily Mail. He rates the probability as 2/5. BTW he rates Modric to Real as a 5/5 possibility, looks like there are serious legs on that one which means we could keep Merlin long term.

City are keen to bring the Spaniard to Eastlands and considered themselves favourites to outbid their rivals Bayern Munich and Barcelona. It was clear the player's preference if he left Bilbao was to join his compatriots at Barca and the likes of Pedro have encouraged their club to make the necessary bid of £36m to reach his buy-out clause. However, Sportsmail understands that there have been developments today with Bayern looking to beat their rivals to the punch and agree the fee first. The player has yet to agree but that will leave Barca in a difficult position and put the onus on City also to match the terms.

£36m for a CB/DM is too much.

Wonder if this is the hunter and hunter reference yesterday, we were hunted buy Bayern for Boetang we are now hunting Martinez. I don't fucking know.
:-)

Tevez City said:
LoveCity said:

£36m for a CB/DM is too much.

I agree not worth that sort of cash, but is a good player.

Maybe we are learning from Chelsea, and Barca re how to do transfers, put in our interest about a player, see who else is involved, let them do all the work negotiating a deal then come in late offer slightly more but less than originally wanted and get the player. :-)

Right, so Bild says Bayern want to pay only £16million for Martinez and that negotiations are going well... enter City? His wages at Bayern would end up around £85,000/week which I believe is less than Adam Johnson is on.

LoveCity said:
Right, so Bild says Bayern want to pay only £16million for Martinez and that negotiations are going well... enter City? His wages at Bayern would end up around £85,000/week which I believe is less than Adam Johnson is on.
When put like that, he's ours to lose.

whalley ranger said:
LoveCity said:
When put like that, he's ours to lose.

It depend IF Mancini REALLY wants him !

Bild are full of shit. I don't care what they say, Martinez will go for 16m when pigs fly. At that price it would be a feeding frenzy with rags, Chelsea, Dortmund, Real, Barca etc all involved.

Have we missed the boat?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=401649353203848&set=a.212196092149176.46175.210662692302516&type=1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.