Sign martinez now

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikeypur said:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7904201/

sky reporting that bayern are in for him now...

it's so unlike bayern to be talking a transfer fee down in the media

Said it before and I'll say it again; I wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't come. He may have talent, but from what I've seen he isn't the savour some of the mugs in this part of the forum make him out to be. Both Bayern and Barca have dropped clangers in the past, simply because a big club is linked with a player, doesn't make him World Class. If he does come however, he has my utmost support as he would from any Blue.

Bayern will need to pay the 32m for him, I see Barca are now looking like signing Neymar for 60m not sure even they have 100m to spend.

If Barca's bid for Martinez fails their back up Defender could be Thomas Vermaelen. Apologies if this has been mentioned anywhere else.

£32million buyout clause is a little too high despite his great talent, I reckon Bilbao could be haggled down but not too much. £26million + £3million bonuses + an agreed friendly at their new stadium, go for it!

Seosa said:
Said it before and I'll say it again; I wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't come. He may have talent, but from what I've seen he isn't the savour some of the mugs in this part of the forum make him out to be. Both Bayern and Barca have dropped clangers in the past, simply because a big club is linked with a player, doesn't make him World Class. If he does come however, he has my utmost support as he would from any Blue.

Got to agree with this, maybe he is the kind of player you have to watch week in week out to truly appreciate how good he is. He seems to have quite a reputation for not really having done a lot. If he does sign, I'll reseve judgment by watching his performances for us rather than buying into the hype by a load of football manager fanboys on here!

i8rags said:
Ssn round up said barca desperate to sign him but won't pay 40 mill.

Desperate to sign him but wont pay the asking...

Very clever those Barca people... they dingle dangle a little carrot and seem to get their man..

samharris said:
Very clever those Barca people... they dingle dangle a little carrot and seem to get their man..

Problem for Barca is this doesn't involve their target fawning over them like Sanchez and Alba did, which pressured the clubs into agreeing cut-price deals. Martinez has shown no desire to move to Barca and has even said he can't see himself there, so Bilbao can dig their heels in and demand top dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.