Sign martinez now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cityisland said:
Rummenigge: Neither Bayern nor Barcelona will meet Javi Martinez buy-out clause
The Basques are adamant that they will not accept an offer below €40 million for the versatile Spain international, who can play in midfield or defence

Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has admitted that he is "not optimistic" about the club's chances of signing versatile Athletic Bilbao midfielder Javi Martinez.

The Basques are refusing to allow the Spain international to leave San Mames unless somebody activates the player's buy-out clause of €40 million.

And Rummenigge freely admits that the Bavarians are not in a position to meet such an asking price and claims that their rivals for Martinez's signature, Barcelona, have no intention of doing so either.

"I'm not optimistic, to be honest," he told TZ when asked about the deal. "[Athletic's] president [Josu Urrutia] has always emphasised that he doesn't want to sell the player for a price under the clause.

"That's an amount of money that hasn't existed in Germany before. There is no club in Europe that is willing to pay that price. I have a good relationship with Barcelona, and Barcelona aren't prepared to do so.

"You have to see the whole transfer business very rationally. There are some players who are worth it, but not many in this world."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2012/07/17/3246404/rummenigge-neither-bayern-nor-barcelona-will-meet-javi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/ ... -meet-javi</a>

I guess above answers my question. Hope City can wrap this one up quickly.

Although I think he has been treading water for 2 years, when I first saw him thought he looked an ideal premier player. A sort of supercharged Gerrard if you like.

Maybe he just needs a change of scenery, manager.

From our point of view this signing makes far more sense than Cavani, RVP etc
Just coming up 24 years old he could provide us with many years of service.

Whether he or we are interested is another matter. It does seem likely though that he is for sale.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Yes, very clever and astute, all you archivists. But whats that got to do with the transfers comment.

How does Fuck off rag sound.

out of interest why are you calling him a rag? Worst thing you can call a City fan, you sure he is one?

BringBackSwales said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Yes, very clever and astute, all you archivists. But whats that got to do with the transfers comment.

out of interest why are you calloing him a rag? Worst thing you can call a City fan, you sure he is one?

A glory hunter is the worse thing you can call a City fan, fucks me right off.

allan harper said:
BringBackSwales said:

out of interest why are you calloing him a rag? Worst thing you can call a City fan, you sure he is one?

let's just agree that the worst thing anyone could call me is a rag, and the worst thing anyone could call you is a glory hunter; tbh being called either would cause me to want to rip the accusers head off, so was just wondering why SHB was using such a term to someone who as far as I know is a Blue

allan harper said:
BringBackSwales said:

Wsg02.jpg

BringBackSwales said:
allan harper said:
BringBackSwales said:

let's just agree that the worst thing anyone could call me is a rag, and the worst thing anyone could call you is a glory hunter; tbh being called either would cause me to want to rip the accusers head off, so was just wondering why SHB was using such a term to someone who as far as I know is a Blue
Bringbackswales, just about the worst thing that could happen to my club, you must be a rag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.