Sign martinez now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just news for the Martinez transfer

It is not fully made by now. Martinez wants to come and is on terms with Bayern. Bayerns controlling instances have accepted to pay the transfer sum Athletico wants.

But the deal is not made by now.

Maldeika said:
With this line-up you would get killed in the real FC Bayern forum. Apart from some sun shiny days in the CL group stage where luck came to his hand Kroos is about the most hated player especially as he seems to be the loved muppet of the coach who has not earned it, has less sprints than Neuer has in most of the matches and half of the intensive runs Schweinsteiger and of the Dortmund midfield players have. If he looses the ball he does not run after it - when somebody steps on his feet he only works behind the middle line, slows down the match and does not have much assists or goals apart from standards. When he played the ten in the first half of the season, when Robben was injured he only had 2 assists out of match play in the Bundesliga. Kroos plays as static as Gomez does - and together with Robben and Ribery as wingers it is just does not fit. Robben still has to make his first good match in this constellation.

With Schweinsteiger injured (and Gomez) we saw some real great test matches where we had a very good organised front with Robben, Ribery, Müller and Mandzukic (and partly Shaqiri) changing their places all the time, like this being a constant threat for the opponent - and it really was fun again - like in the best matches we played the recent two-three years. Robben seems to be really back and has been a very good assistant, Müller is scoring for fun again, Mandzukic makes goals and assists, too - and Ribery is his usual self. Dortmund did not like that very much last weekend either...

Watched Kroos during the later minutes in the GER-ARG friendly yesterday and he looked the genuine article to me. Great vision and passing. that pass during overtime straight down the middle had "world class" written all over it. He may not be as versatile as Muller or as much of a goal threat but his passing and ball distribution are Xaviesque. Would be a great asset to allmost any squad out there.

I just looked into the stats to see Muller was a 98% starter for bayern in the previous Bundesliga campaign though.
After seeing Kroos yesterday I doubt it will be as clear cut during the oncoming season. Muller and Kroos should get about the same amount of starts. Both are class and deserve to play.
Pitty for Gustavo though since the Martinez deal spells bench time for him unless one of the Schweinsteiger/Martinez pairing gets injured. In the UCL games vs. Madrid Gustavo looked like a beast. He's got to work on his vision and ball distribution though.

NipHolmes said:
ForzaMancini said:
Think we should hijack Bayern's bid for him while it stalls, going to be a wonderful player one day

For 40m euros he is way overpriced. We could get Carzola and Sahin for same money.

Well actually we couldn't, Cazorla's signed for Arsenal. I see your point though.

Seosa said:
NipHolmes said:
ForzaMancini said:
Think we should hijack Bayern's bid for him while it stalls, going to be a wonderful player one day

For 40m euros he is way overpriced. We could get Carzola and Sahin for same money.

Well actually we couldn't, Cazorla's signed for Arsenal. I see your point though.

My point was what they paid for him. £15m and Sahin is seen as £15-20 which combined come to the total of what Martinez fee is stated as. Criminal price and madness for any club to pay it.

NipHolmes said:
Seosa said:
NipHolmes said:

My point was what they paid for him. £15m and Sahin is seen as £15-20 which combined come to the total of what Martinez fee is stated as. Criminal price and madness for any club to pay it.

Entirely different Nip.

Malaga had to sell Cazorla, Sahin is seen as a loan move. When push come to shove, his price would rise, besides different position.

Martinez is only going at that price because its his buyout and he wants to go.
Anything less and Bilbao needn´t have sold.
They are not cash short and have no pressure to sell.

seems bayern have been so friendly towards in the last few years i think we should toy with them for abit. stick a nice offer in anyway for martinez and watch them squirm! whats the point of having money if you cant enjoy using it!

looks like he's off to Bayern. Also, not sure how much interest there is after signing Rodwell, who can play in both of Martinez's positions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.