Silva Interview in Marca

Re: Silva: Real and Barcelona missed their chance

Aside from the quotes from Silva, there were some pretty pro-City passages in there:

City were drawn in one of the toughest Champions League groups in this season’s competition, along with Bayern Munich, Napoli and Villarreal.

Their points total of 10 from six games would have been enough to see them through to the knockout stage in six of the eight Champions League groups this season.

The fact City failed to make it to the last 16 was ­testimony to the toughness of their group, their performances adding credence to Silva’s belief that they will soon be a major force in Europe.

caught my attention.

Silva: Real and Barcelona missed their chance

Published 22:27 28/02/12 By David McDonnell
David Silva-Manchester City cropped

David Silva believes Manchester City are close to challenging Barcelona and Real Madrid for the title of Europe’s best team.

Owner Sheikh Mansour has spent £425million on players in three-and-a-half years in a bid to turn City into the biggest and most successful club in the world.

Roberto Mancini’s side remain on course for a first Premier League title, holding a two-point lead over Manchester United with 12 games to go.

And although City failed to make it through the group stage on their ­Champions League debut this season, Silva claimed they will be one of Europe’s best sides soon.

“Real Madrid and ­Barcelona have been working together for a long time,” said Silva.

“Barcelona have won many titles and Madrid have been with the same structure for a long time.

“At City we are getting there and, if not next year, soon we will be fighting for the Champions League.”

City were drawn in one of the toughest Champions League groups in this season’s competition, along with Bayern Munich, Napoli and Villarreal.

Their points total of 10 from six games would have been enough to see them through to the knockout stage in six of the eight Champions League groups this season.

The fact City failed to make it to the last 16 was ­testimony to the toughness of their group, their performances adding credence to Silva’s belief that they will soon be a major force in Europe.

Silva has been arguably City’s best player this season, his flair, vision and passing range making him one of the major contenders for the Player of the Year awards.

His eye-catching displays have seen the former Valencia playmaker him linked with a potential return to Spain with ­Barcelona or Real Madrid, both of whom are keen to lure him back to his ­homeland. But Silva has no intention of turning his back on the club at a time when they are on the cusp of a new era of winning major trophies.

The World Cup and ­European Championship-winner, who has two years left on his deal, added: “Neither ­Barcelona nor Real Madrid made a move for me.

“Manchester City did and that’s why I’m here. I went where I wanted. I was very happy in Valencia but circumstances meant that I had to go.

“City was the strongest bet for me and I made the right ­decision.

“I’m very happy in England, I have a two-year contract and I want to fulfil that, I don’t want to move.

“People treat me great and I hope to enjoy more.

“Roberto Mancini has given me confidence, and that’s very important for a player.

“My team-mates have adapted to my game and that’s very good for me. I am enjoying my football to the fullest.”

“I’m very happy in England, I have a two-year contract and I want to fulfil that, I don’t want to move.

Nice Merlin, but two years isn't enough... sign a five year extension in summer and say the same. ;)

“I’m very happy in England, I have a two-year contract and I want to fulfil that, I don’t want to move."

Only two years left? SIGN HIM UP

UlsterCitizen said:
Full story on the Mirroe site

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Manchester-City-David-Silva-Real-Madrid-and-Barcelona-missed-their-chance-article872058.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 72058.html</a>

Great news and music to our ears city please get king silva a New contract fast, if we can keep him for 2 more seasons then i will be very happy the way silva plays the game is unreal. Surely city are thinking about a New deal for the little wizard?

Would anyone blame him for going real Madrid or barca really? I won't but i pray he stays we need a silva song fast! He noes we adore him but they belt a decent song out for him he will love it and find it hard to leave us. He's Spanish so i bet he dreamed as a kid to play for the top to in Spain but we showed interest in him and faith in his ability what did barca and real Madrid show?

What a player and i hope he stays for a very long time but i wouldn't put it past Madrid to tap him up but it seems he loves it here what's great news.

We need a banner for him like mancinis Spanish one with his picture saying passing king or something like that

do one Madrid and barca he's ours

Should City win the title Silva might well be voted footballer of the year by his fellow pros , and he'd have deserved it too ...

i dread the day when this guy goes back home for good , he makes this team tick , and life here just wouldn't be the same without him ...

What's Mancini playing at, we've got Silva, Nasri and Pizzaro (amongst others) whilst down the road they have Scholes, Giggs and Cleverly. As well as that there is.

Balotelli v Macheda

Aguero V Rooney

Kompany V Ferdinand

Hart V De Gea

The list goes on

Tic Toc :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.