Silva

He did well today in the 5 minutes that he got. He does need to start getting games soon. The sooner he gets games under his belt, the sooner he gets to grips with premier league football. He should have started today in place of SWP. SWP was anonymous. That's easy to say with hindsight, but Mancini should have realised by half time it wasn't happening for him and made the change then.

Project said:
ElanJo said:
When everyone is fit the front 4, for the majority of games, is a no brainer as far as Im concerned.

__________Tevez__________

Ballotelli____Silva____Johnson

The 2 in CM is more difficult to choose tho. I'd probably start with Yaya and Milner, even tho I rate Barry very highly. Depends on the opposition I guess

Agree. It's so frustrating because we know that with Balotelli fit and Silva not flying around the world the day before the game, we have frightening options. That above is a title winning forward line. But the calendar and injuries haven't been kind to us thus far. Fortunately, while Chelsea are miles ahead we are still nicely in that pack of teams wanting a CL place.

I concur 100% :)

It's a long season and people going mental at this stage need a reality check.

ElanJo said:
The 2 in CM is more difficult to choose tho. I'd probably start with Yaya and Milner, even tho I rate Barry very highly. Depends on the opposition I guess

Very difficult because the two previous buys, Barry and De Jong, seem to be in better form at the moment than the two 20+ million buys, Yaya (though he has been great in some games, just a bit inconsistent thus far) and Milner. To me, De Jong may be a must, the way he breaks up play makes our defence look better than it is and that showed today, as our defence was back to it's calamitous Hughes era days at times, with no composure except for Kompany. Mind you, when Boateng and Kolarov are fit and if they settle, the defence might not need protecting as much?

LoveCity said:
ElanJo said:

Very difficult because the two previous buys, Barry and De Jong, seem to be in better form at the moment than the two 20+ million buys, Yaya (though he has been great in some games, just a bit inconsistent thus far) and Milner. To me, De Jong may be a must, the way he breaks up play makes our defence look better than it is and that showed today, as our defence was back to it's calamitous Hughes era days at times, with no composure except for Kompany. Mind you, when Boateng and Kolarov are fit and if they settle, the defence might not need protecting as much?

De Jong played under hughes

LoveCity said:
ElanJo said:

It doesn't help Yaya really when we have 2 full backs who don't really offer themselves intelligently to the midfielders. Yaya has been used to playing with players who do and seeing him trying to direct them is quite painful to watch tbh. ow that Jerome is back he can step in at LB until Kol returns so that should help. Yaya for me is one of the first names on the team sheet because he uses the ball well. It'd also help to have a creative player infront of him (ie Silva)

I really do hope that the reason Mancini isn't playing him (silva) is to ease him in slowly. I think this is the case but if Silva's not consistantly starting games in a months time I'm gonna find it difficult not to begin losing my rag :(

Ntini77 said:
ono said:
Silva - clearly not match fit yet/sharp enough to start against physical sides in the Premier League. Mancini sees him in training every day.

Complete myth IMO.
In what sense? Do you think he can physically handle himself for 90 minutes against Blackburn despite not being fully match fit/sharp?<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:56 pm --<br /><br />
Mastes1 said:
ono said:
Silva - clearly not match fit yet/sharp enough to start against physical sides in the Premier League. Mancini sees him in training every day.
Exactly what they said about Aqualani!.
Who's they?

After shocking first half, I was expecting Silva to replace SWP , Jo to replace Patrick and Barry to replace Milner.

I want to see Silva and AJ to play together , why did he replace AJ when he was THE BEST PLAYER on the field !

WAKE UP MANCINI !!!!!!!

Tevez City said:
After shocking first half, I was expecting Silva to replace SWP , Jo to replace Patrick and Barry to replace Milner.

I want to see Silva and AJ to play together , why did he replace AJ when he was THE BEST PLAYER on the field !

WAKE UP MANCINI !!!!!!!
i agree i thought aj should of stayed on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.