Singing Dunnes name was a .... disgrace...

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I am not questioning the diligence of the Mods,nor was I asking for a thread "naming and shaming" those who have been reprimanded.

I understand that freedom to post is paramount,and I don't agree with censorship generally,but surely if a post will offend a lot of blues then it is better to delete that one post than have 10 more risking a warning for expressing their disgust?

Its a fine line, that was why I asked for the personal stuff to stop, much of this topic has some good debate, it would be a shame to have to remove it because a small minority can't post with some respect, and my post wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.

cleavers said:
But I would suggest that if the Mods wish to avoid cyber-arguments getting out of hand that they take a closer look at inflammatory posts like the one above which are guaranteed to cause ill-feeling amonst the majority of blues,and delete and warn the posters concerned,rather than scapegoat those fans who are rightly offended and reply accordingly.

We do our job carefully, and who we warn, and which posts are deleted are kept entirely to ourselves, there is no need to post a thread saying such and such has been warned, or that a reply has been deleted.

My request was to EVERYONE to cut out the personal abuse, if you can't post in this topic without resorting to it, then please don't post in it. I simply asked that everyone respects everyone else's opinion that's all.

No no cleavers. You may have said EVERYONE but you used the example "prick" from my posting. Forgetting perhaps that it was in retaliation to someone who had just jabeled neigh on 3000 fans "wankers" for applauding Dunne. Not to mention also labelling everyone who thinks that Dunne was a legend also as "wankers" and suggesting that we go and support another team. I think that is the point that Nijinsky is making.

And I stand by it - if he wants to label ALL of those people as "wankers", then it would suggest to me that he is being a prick. As I am sure many on here would agree with. Some would even say he was , and I quote "Twat of the decade"

And DeNiro thought it was fair I would say. Is he not a mod? If he isn't I do apologise.

cleavers said:
I am not questioning the diligence of the Mods,nor was I asking for a thread "naming and shaming" those who have been reprimanded.

I understand that freedom to post is paramount,and I don't agree with censorship generally,but surely if a post will offend a lot of blues then it is better to delete that one post than have 10 more risking a warning for expressing their disgust?

Its a fine line, that was why I asked for the personal stuff to stop, much of this topic has some good debate, it would be a shame to have to remove it because a small minority can't post with some respect, and my post wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.

Very fair point, enjoying a good debate and hearing some good points of view, Would be a shame to have to stop people expressing their opinions.

Re: Singing Dunnes name was a f*ckin disgrace...

Goater666 said:
Why not clap him for his goal? its make no fucking difference either way.

Its shows we've still retained some sort of class, even after fucking off one of our long serving players.

dunney is a class act and clapping his lack of celebration shows our class

cleavers said:

No worries,and thanks for taking time to reply mate.
And you're right - making a topic "personal" does nobody any favours.
Its a thankless task you guys do - i'm damn sure I couldn't hack it without being sectioned.
You Mods must be on Prozac!

King Of The Kippax said:
cleavers said:

Very fair point, enjoying a good debate and hearing some good points of view, Would be a shame to have to stop people expressing their opinions.

I agree and as you didn't call anyone names, I simply stated that while I uinderstood your point, I believed it wrong for the reasons already well documented.

Though I do feel it was a fairly inflammatory thread - but then again, like with Kiam's (who I decided to supprt for a bit) - these threads tend to be the most entertaining and certainly far better than "A rag said this last week...." ad nuasium.

I sung his name before and after kick off.
I chose not to applaud but don't think the fans that did are in the wrong.
I was too gutted that we'd conceded to even think about clapping Richard dunne.
I don't see why anyone has the right to slag off a fellow supporter over his/her actions whilst at a game.
We all support the same team, and the majority love dunnie.
I'd rather us be showing our appreciation than slagging him off for 90 minutes as villa did to Barry.

Fair enough SWP, What forums are all about, Debate and opinions. No-one has any right to dismiss someones opinion as wrong, I have my thoughts and would expect people to respect them. Treat posts how you would expect yours to be treated. Although i dont agree with alot of them, again doesnt mean their wrong. I still belive it was wrong to cheer/clap after he scored tho ;)

I was in Dublin watching the match last night and to be honest I was proud of the city fans who were at the match. Our club has changed dramatically and Dunnie leaving was inevitable but the thing that hasnt changed is our fans. Everyone in the pub gave fair dues to the city fans for applauding Dunne, rags included. Its what makes us different, we are not a 1 dimensional fan base, we do not act like those Arsenal fans with Ade and in fairness evry player who has left us has treated the city fans with the same respect. I love the humor of our fans and just wanted to say fair dues to you lot who were at villa park last night.

ps: If he had of scored a 2nd though I hope you would have thrown rocks at him lol

SWP's back said:
King Of The Kippax said:
[/b][/i]

I agree and as you didn't call anyone names, I simply stated that while I uinderstood your point, I believed it wrong for the reasons already well documented.

Though I do feel it was a fairly inflammatory thread - but then again, like with Kiam's (who I decided to supprt for a bit) - these threads tend to be the most entertaining and certainly far better than "A rag said this last week...." ad nuasium.

and i totally agree with this last bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.