Singing Dunnes name was a .... disgrace...

cleavers said:
Can we leave the personal abuse out please, otherwise the thread will just get pulled.

Its time a few people on here respected that others are entitled to have their own opinions, and that just because it doesn't happen to agree with yours doesn't mean they are a "prick".

It does if they have label around 3000 city fans wankers.

SWP's back said:
cleavers said:
Can we leave the personal abuse out please, otherwise the thread will just get pulled.

Its time a few people on here respected that others are entitled to have their own opinions, and that just because it doesn't happen to agree with yours doesn't mean they are a "prick".

It does if they have label around 3000 city fans wankers.

I'm sorry if cause offense,but I refuse to sit back and listen to someone tell me that a four time Player Of The Year was responsible for,and I quote,"9 years of shit" and "he held us back for years".
I don't really give a toss how people chose to display their gratitude to Dunney - that is a personal issue for them,and I respect their feelings.
But I would suggest that if the Mods wish to avoid cyber-arguments getting out of hand that they take a closer look at inflammatory posts like the one above which are guaranteed to cause ill-feeling amonst the majority of blues,and delete and warn the posters concerned,rather than scapegoat those fans who are rightly offended and reply accordingly.

SWP's back said:
Northmanc Blue said:
take a look in a mirror........

6 posts in and a nasty little jibe or two. Well done and welcome.........

EDIT: that is heaped in irony incase you missed it.

I bow my head in shame............didnt realise you had to have done 500+ posts to express an opinion or upset a few 'fans'.
heres the last post im going to write on this thread........

I support City.....no-one else
I can show (and did last night) my appreciation to ex-players, but at the appropiate time - not when that same player has just scored against the team i support.
If that offends anyone on here, especially the long established posters, then so be it.......i cannot apologise for supporting city.

We're not the type of fans to 'cut our wrists' when going a goal down.. and the fact it was Dunne, i think we was right to applaud in respect and laugh at the irony..
Dunne showed class, as we knew he would because hes a true professional and holds 'us', 'the City fans' in high re guard..

I will always applaud the Dunney Monster.. as he was a great servant to our club and a genuine bloke..

Just wish he scored an own goal as he owes us a few :D lol

Re: Singing Dunnes name was a f*ckin disgrace...

sam the drummer said:
Its football not life or death. We go to the game we enjoy ourselves regardless of the score Dunne was here for 9 years and lots didnt want him to go, theres nothing wrong with it.

and lots DID want him to go...

Northmanc Blue said:
SWP's back said:
6 posts in and a nasty little jibe or two. Well done and welcome.........

EDIT: that is heaped in irony incase you missed it.

I bow my head in shame............didnt realise you had to have done 500+ posts to express an opinion or upset a few 'fans'.
heres the last post im going to write on this thread........

I can show (and did last night) my appreciation to ex-players, but at the appropiate time - not when that same player has just scored against the team i support.
If that offends anyone on here, especially the long established posters, then so be it.......i cannot apologise for supporting city.

they we'rnt upset at your opinion it was you questioning them as blues, for instance "how long have you beeen a blue" was one of your first responces, its like saying how long have you been on bluemoon, does it matter? a blue is a blue, a poster is a poster, post shit and you'll draw a backlash.
fair enough i say.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
But I would suggest that if the Mods wish to avoid cyber-arguments getting out of hand that they take a closer look at inflammatory posts like the one above which are guaranteed to cause ill-feeling amonst the majority of blues,and delete and warn the posters concerned,rather than scapegoat those fans who are rightly offended and reply accordingly.

We do our job carefully, and who we warn, and which posts are deleted are kept entirely to ourselves, there is no need to post a thread saying such and such has been warned, or that a reply has been deleted.

My request was to EVERYONE to cut out the personal abuse, if you can't post in this topic without resorting to it, then please don't post in it. I simply asked that everyone respects everyone else's opinion that's all.

Northmanc Blue said:

l am totally with you brother, the constant, sychophantic fawning DURING the match over an opposition player who had just scored against us made me feel nauseous...

There’s nothing wrong with showing appreciation for someone who was a great servant for the club. Anyone who went along last night is clearly a committed blue and questioning their support is out of order. As for suggesting it would undermine Lescott that just doesn’t add up. Hopefully he’ll realise that if he plays with passion commitment and no little skill City’s support will stick with him even when he bags own goals, gives away last minute penalties, and gets sent off. It happened for Dunny and it will happen for him if wants it enough.

It’s fucking depressing these days that former players can’t play against their old sides without scum bags with IQs lower than their shoe sizes baying for their blood. Equally if you can’t applaud a great goal scored against you by a top class player then in the long-run you’re letting City down. I can remember Zola, Henry, Pires and even Paul Merson getting applause off the Maine Road crowd and that only reflected well on our fans.

I’ve never heard it mentioned but behind all the booing Barton got last year there was still applause from some of our supporters.

cleavers said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:

We do our job carefully, and who we warn, and which posts are deleted are kept entirely to ourselves, there is no need to post a thread saying such and such has been warned, or that a reply has been deleted.

My request was to EVERYONE to cut out the personal abuse, if you can't post in this topic without resorting to it, then please don't post in it. I simply asked that everyone respects everyone else's opinion that's all.

I am not questioning the diligence of the Mods,nor was I asking for a thread "naming and shaming" those who have been reprimanded.
I have not posted anything that can be deemed abusive on this thread,or on any other.
I invariably include "in my opinion" as a disclaimer,and respect the views of everyone,even those I profoundly disagree with.
My point is that some posts are,by their very nature,likely to cause a backlash of righteous indignation,such as the one that had a simply ludicrous attack on one of our most loyal former players.
I understand that freedom to post is paramount,and I don't agree with censorship generally,but surely if a post will offend a lot of blues then it is better to delete that one post than have 10 more risking a warning for expressing their disgust?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.