Singing Dunnes name was a .... disgrace...

Re: Singing Dunnes name was a f*ckin disgrace...

I can't speak for anyone else, but I did it in appreciation of the dignified non-celebration.

Nobody was happy we were one down, but to even be able to appreciate a former hero when you've just conceded shows exactly how much of a hero he was to some. As someone said, it showed class.

There are plenty of things in this world which are a disgrace. It's a shame that some of you think appreciating a nice gesture from a former player is one of them.

Dunne, Tevez, Adebayor & f*** face Neville all need to get their priorities right and remember what team they are playing for !! They all should be trying to please their current/own fanbase instead of worrying about what everyone else thinks !

Seeing a player "not celebrate" is not what the game is all about !! I've more respect for Dickov when he scored that penalty for Leicester at COMS - at least he looked like he wanted to score a goal for his team. Also Law should have circled the swamp with usual goal celebration in 1974 - otherwise what was the point in playing for City in the 1st place ?

Nothing a disgrace about it what so ever......

Its our sense of humour and you will never take it away!!!

Deal with it!

KentBlue said:
supercity36 said:
end of the day i think the applause was a lot for not taking the piss with the celebration (like tevez with the WHU fans).
That was my reading of the situation, too.

And mine - it certainly was the reason I clapped.

Citycitytid said:
Nothing a disgrace about it what so ever......

Its our sense of humour and you will never take it away!!!

Deal with it!

bollocks

Goater's Shin said:
I can't speak for anyone else, but I did it in appreciation of the dignified non-celebration.

Nobody was happy we were one down, but to even be able to appreciate a former hero when you've just conceded shows exactly how much of a hero he was to some. As someone said, it showed class.

There are plenty of things in this world which are a disgrace. It's a shame that some of you think appreciating a nice gesture from a former player is one of them.

im talking football terms, not the world terms.

King Of The Kippax said:
True_Blue69 said:
Correct. No need to clap him when he scored and Im convinced the only reason they did was cos they saw West Ham do it the week before. I gave him a clap at the start but wont cheer an opposition during the game.

Thats the word that its the nail on the head.

someones grumpy aren't they.

Look - I thought it showed class juxtaposed as it was with the abuse that Villa gave Barry.

I'd paid my money and I can do what the fuck I want.

My God - what with you and Kiam, there is starting to be a thought police on this forum now.

SWP's back said:
KentBlue said:

And mine - it certainly was the reason I clapped.

Why bother going if you're going to support the opposition. Yes, Dunne was a good player for us. History. Support the current players!

I know I am one of the few old ones left that remember the days when we went to the game for the football and would clap for a worthy piece of skill regardless of the side or player - so kind of find it good that once again City showed some class. I was not at the game and if I was I would not have clapped - not because I do not think it is right BUT I would not want to take the chance of getting into a row with the guy next to me. To qoute a previous poster "I let everyone around me know my feelings", what he meant to say was "I paid my money and everyone around better do it the way I want". Some people wanted to clap for whatever reasons and I thought it was a great goal from a great delivery.

I think the clapping was a combination of thanking him for not celebrating, appreciating the gesture and also a final chance to show a bit of respect to the guy who gave all for the club, who was absolutely gutted to leave City, and who has a lot of friends at City.

Dunnie doesn't hate City, so why should we hate Dunnie? We sang his name before, during and after the game, which I don't think's out of order, we wanted to show our appreciation to him. And the clapping after he scored was I believe a thank you for the way he didn't celebrate.

Loved the way he edged as close as he could to us lot to applaud us afte the game though.

KentBlue said:
supercity36 said:
end of the day i think the applause was a lot for not taking the piss with the celebration (like tevez with the WHU fans).
This was how I saw it also.cudnt make it to the game but on tv I thought it looked more like an appreciation of the respect he showed the fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.