Singing Dunnes name was a .... disgrace...

Re: Singing Dunnes name was a f*ckin disgrace...

Citycitytid said:
SWP's back said:
Oh piss off and don't question my support especially having walked the two mile from the car park the OS suggested we go to, then had to drink warm beer from the shop as the pub was not letting people in, then having no bloody pie and under cooked chips at half time. I sang all night for City and clapped Dunne for his non-celebration. You can stick your opinion up your arse. Nob.

go on lad haha

Cheer. Not to mention having to look at that fat bald beared hairy backed topless c*** in the corner to our right giving it the biggun all game then avoiding all eye contact for the rest of the game after we scored. What a toss pot he was.

theres only one gary owen!!!we sang and clapped for owen everytime he played against us.

it the majority were applauding for the lack of gaol celebration, fair enough i appreciate that. Its not something i agree with but respect people who do.

Goater's Shin said:
I can't speak for anyone else, but I did it in appreciation of the dignified non-celebration.

Nobody was happy we were one down, but to even be able to appreciate a former hero when you've just conceded shows exactly how much of a hero he was to some. As someone said, it showed class.

There are plenty of things in this world which are a disgrace. It's a shame that some of you think appreciating a nice gesture from a former player is one of them.

Good post, same here.

cleavers said:
Goater's Shin said:
I can't speak for anyone else, but I did it in appreciation of the dignified non-celebration.

Nobody was happy we were one down, but to even be able to appreciate a former hero when you've just conceded shows exactly how much of a hero he was to some. As someone said, it showed class.

There are plenty of things in this world which are a disgrace. It's a shame that some of you think appreciating a nice gesture from a former player is one of them.

Good post, same here.

Seconded.

Northmanc Blue said:
Fully agree......
I applauded him pre-match and post-match but why the hell should we applaud him after he had scored against us !! I made my feelings known to the fans around me last night who were singing his name after the goal.....they were/should have been there to support their own team ffs !!
I fully respect Dunnies efforts during his time at city but he's a villa player now........a villa player who scored against us !! Some city fans need to get a grip on reality.

sums my thoughts up. deserved a cheer etc- but not enough that he gets enough confidence to score against us. Passing it off as ironic humour or appreciate his non celebration etc does not wash.

In a nutshell- you don't sing for and applaud the player of the opposing team who has just put you 1-0 down regardless of who he is. End of.

BrightwellsBoot said:
Dunne, Tevez, Adebayor & f*** face Neville all need to get their priorities right and remember what team they are playing for !! They all should be trying to please their current/own fanbase instead of worrying about what everyone else thinks !

Seeing a player "not celebrate" is not what the game is all about !! I've more respect for Dickov when he scored that penalty for Leicester at COMS - at least he looked like he wanted to score a goal for his team. Also Law should have circled the swamp with usual goal celebration in 1974 - otherwise what was the point in playing for City in the 1st place ?

beat me to it couldn't agree more not celebrating shows a total disrespect for your new club and its fans.

And for the record nothing could make me cheer any opposition player after he had scored against City

maineroad68 said:
Northmanc Blue said:
Fully agree......
I applauded him pre-match and post-match but why the hell should we applaud him after he had scored against us !! I made my feelings known to the fans around me last night who were singing his name after the goal.....they were/should have been there to support their own team ffs !!
I fully respect Dunnies efforts during his time at city but he's a villa player now........a villa player who scored against us !! Some city fans need to get a grip on reality.

sums my thoughts up. deserved a cheer etc- but not enough that he gets enough confidence to score against us. Passing it off as ironic humour etc does not wash.

In a nutshell- you don't sing for and applaud the player of the opposing team who has just put you 1-0 down regardless of who he is. End of.

Exaclty the point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.