Singing section/Atmosphere

Yes, and to me that's just background noise, not atmosphere. I went to Dortmund when we played them in the CL and their chanting is totally regimented, they hardly paused even to react to the goal, it was robotic almost - so much so that I barely noticed it after about 10 minutes. Despite the myths that get peddled on here the old Kippax was never a hub of continuous chanting, it could be as quiet as a cemetery at times. I'm all for more singing from the fans but not going down that route.

I remember Bayern coming and there was one plum who stood with his back to the game the whole time getting the songs going; that's ridiculous. The continental, regimented, sing no matter what stuff is a bag of shite in my opinion.

And you wonder why our fan base is getting quieter and quieter.

Ping Pong anyone? (Wednesday Night)

20180307_174312.jpg

I can't be arsed posting the Volleyball net picture.

At what point did I mention you not being a proper fan? I'd class you as a spectator. It's down to you if you feel like your 'support' is less fanatical than someone who goes and sings and gets behind the team.

My personal opinion is that the 40,000+ fans who go and don't make a peep all game are the reason our atmosphere is poor. I would prefer a noisier atmosphere at City. If you disagree, fine, but I don't really see why you're on this thread if you do.

You are completely missing what I was saying. The assertion that the atmosphere created by the Basel fans was fantastic. I disagree with this completely. I found it tedious and repetitive

I much prefer the spontaneous atmosphere that ebbs and flows with the game. We had/have great songs Remember the Balotteli one, the Zab song or Vinny. How about the yaya/kolo song. These sort of songs create a great atmosphere. Not the drum banging coordinated nonsense we had to put up with the other night

We need some songs about some of our newer players. Who out of the last 2 seasons worth of new players, actually has a song about them, other than their name being repeated e.g. Leroy, Leroy ?

You are completely missing what I was saying. The assertion that the atmosphere created by the Basel fans was fantastic. I disagree with this completely. I found it tedious and repetitive

I much prefer the spontaneous atmosphere that ebbs and flows with the game. We had/have great songs Remember the Balotteli one, the Zab song or Vinny. How about the yaya/kolo song. These sort of songs create a great atmosphere. Not the drum banging coordinated nonsense we had to put up with the other night

I think you’re missing his point to be honest and that is that despite us playing the best football we’ve ever witnessed from a City team, the atmosphere has been getting progressively worse and no amount of creative City songs appear to be alleviating the problem. I absolutely love the Balotelli song but I bet if it was invented today rather than in 2011, there’s no way it would take off as much. Take the Gold (2 Silvas) song. It’s fucking class and should be getting belted out to the rafters every game but it hasn’t spread half as much as it should. Everyone loves the Poznan but when we did it the other night, no-one outside of 114-115 could be arsed joining in. We’ve become a lazy fanbase for some weird reason - sure, the game has become increasingly sanitised and it’s not just our club that is encountering this problem but the atmosphere really should be better at home games despite that. You say fans should react to what’s going on on the pitch so why the fuck, given the season we’re having, isn’t the roof coming off the place every other week?

I think you’re missing his point to be honest and that is that despite us playing the best football we’ve ever witnessed from a City team, the atmosphere has been getting progressively worse and no amount of creative City songs appear to be alleviating the problem. I absolutely love the Balotelli song but I bet if it was invented today rather than in 2011, there’s no way it would take off as much. Take the Gold (2 Silvas) song. It’s fucking class and should be getting belted out to the rafters every game but it hasn’t spread half as much as it should. Everyone loves the Poznan but when we did it the other night, no-one outside of 114-115 could be arsed joining in. We’ve become a lazy fanbase for some weird reason - sure, the game has become increasingly sanitised and it’s not just our club that is encountering this problem but the atmosphere really should be better at home games despite that. You say fans should react to what’s going on on the pitch so why the fuck, given the season we’re having, isn’t the roof coming off the place every other week?

Words fail me.
Having been to the game and seeing this thread I decided to see what was being said about the Basel fans.
When I saw some comments that said they thought their fans were great I decided to add my opinion, which I won't repeat.

I never once linked this to the our fans and the lack of atmosphere.

Words fail me.
Having been to the game and seeing this thread I decided to see what was being said about the Basel fans.
When I saw some comments that said they thought their fans were great I decided to add my opinion, which I won't repeat.

I never once linked this to the our fans and the lack of atmosphere.

Words shouldn’t fail you - this thread is primarily about our atmosphere. That’s the main discussion here (but obviously other clubs and their atmospheres will get mentioned when we come up against them). And in truth it’s been getting progressively shitter despite the best efforts of some fans in the singing section and other areas of the ground.

There was a drum in the City end on Wednesday night and one at Wembley the other week. I'm sorry to break that to you as I take it that means you'll be jacking your seasoncard in now ;)
I didn't see it or hear it - I must have tinitus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.