Sir Michael Parkinson dies aged 88

That Rod Hull and Emu interview - brilliant. Just seen it again. Fair play to him. Good sport in so many ways.
Just watched it myself. I know he was laughing but I always got the impression that he wasn't too happy about that one!

I'm too young to remember the classic interviews and as such I was never too keen on him which is probably a harsh take. Fact is that he always got the biggest names on his show. RIP

Best at what he did and some absolute classic highlights of TV ever. Good journalist too.

RIP Sir Michael.

I have never heard Norton ask a probing revelatory question. It’s all lead ins to risqué anecdotes and giggles.

Met him in Harrods once. Was in the food part with my wife- saw him and nudged her. He saw me and smiled.
A bit later we're in the book part, I'm looking at football books, he walked past me and nodded. i said "are you following me" he said "i must be". I told him he wouldn't find any Barnsley books but i was quite happy to talk the promotion game in 89. We had a good chat about footy for a bit, only time my wifes ever been happy about football chat. Lovely guy, really down to earth. RIP

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.