Sittting with away fans at an away match - would you?

was in the gillingham end at wembley wearing my retro city shirt...thought I was gonna get chucked off the top tier...got pushed over by g/ham fans at the end of the game...didnt give a fuck..delerious at the time

in answer to the original question. i am in the pompey end on saturday. Reasons being, couldnt get a ticket in city end and wanna watch the game so will make sure i keep my mouth shut

Surrey Blue said:
in answer to the original question. i am in the pompey end on saturday. Reasons being, couldnt get a ticket in city end and wanna watch the game so will make sure i keep my mouth shut

Trust me, its a good move blue.

They have got some lads who still live, dress, and act like its the 80's!

Havin said that, their fans produce proper atmosphere.

I've done it all over the country, dozens of times and never had any trouble. Had a stand up row with a cockney red at Old Trafford in thr Stretford End in the 96 cup match, but that's it.

the secret is:

1) Buy the best seats you can. The cheaper the seats, the better change of trouble.
2) Keep a lowish profile and weigh it up. Most places the people around you will accept you as an away fan as long as you obey rule 3:
3) Don't take the piss and start giving it loads if/when we score. It's amazing how easy it is to cheer quietly!

went to the swamp on my 21st birthday and stood in stretford road. kept quiet all game until Arthur scored his own goal and made it 2 all. ouch, went to the full members cup final with a sore and bandaged head, red b*!tards!

I went to a cup game at Spurs a few years ago (same season as the 3-4 but sadly the other cup!). Postiga, who'd been bought for millions and had played something like 25 games without scoring, got his first ever goal. I ended up about 20 feet away from where I'd been sitting by the time everyone else had stopped jumping up and down celebrating!

I can't hold in all the "ooo"s and "aaah"s when watching but I was surprised to find that the away fans tend to be reacting at exactly the same time - a near miss is a near miss for both teams but pretty much every incident was also an 'event' for both sides.

Getting to Spurs you walk about a mile up Tottenham High Road and I remember reading about police barriers being put up the whole way (in the bad old days for certain grudge matches) and home fans screaming, spitting, and pissing through them as the away fans walked up. I went in the times of the new premiership fan so it's a lot safer these days.

bluenova said:
I can't hold in all the "ooo"s and "aaah"s when watching but I was surprised to find that the away fans tend to be reacting at exactly the same time - a near miss is a near miss for both teams but pretty much every incident was also an 'event' for both sides.

quote]

That's exactly right - you can be quietly expressive, if you know what I mean. It's a goal which is difficult, but a "Yesssssssss" under your breath is definitely possible

My neice has Apspergers and finds it tricky to hold things in, but is a mad West Brom fan and has sometimes sat in the home end at away games with her dad. At a recent Liverpool game she had been warned all week about being quiet and at the end of the match they got up to leave thinking they'd been the perfect Liverpool fans.

Then a scouse accent pipes up at the top of his voice "Baggie Bird coming through!" - they walked all the way to the exit with a succession of reds shouting "Baggie Bird coming through", "Make a path", "Step aside for the Baggie Bird". Her Dad was a little bit sheepish!

STOOD IN THE PADDOCK BEHIND THE DUGOUTS AT THE SWAMP WHEN BRIGHTWELLL SCORED FROM 30 YARDS WENT MENTAL WITH MY MATE TONY QUINN AND THEN REALISED ABOUT 50 OTHER BLUES WERE IN THERE - CLASS.
DONE IT AT LUTON BUT IT WAS WELL DODGY

BOMBER7967 said:
STOOD IN THE PADDOCK BEHIND THE DUGOUTS AT THE SWAMP WHEN BRIGHTWELLL SCORED FROM 30 YARDS WENT MENTAL WITH MY MATE TONY QUINN AND THEN REALISED ABOUT 50 OTHER BLUES WERE IN THERE - CLASS.
DONE IT AT LUTON BUT IT WAS WELL DODGY

me and my buddy were in the same spot at the swamp,

top goal, how could you not celebrate !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.