Skint

I just can't fuckin understand what gives anyone the right to keep knocking out kids if your already not paying for the ones you already have and the funny thing is they don't even really use this money for their kids.

metalblue said:
blue81 said:
mancitymick said:
I love going to work each day, paying taxes knowing i am helping others out

Me too- I'll happily pay taxes for those who NEED the benefit system due to ill health or genuinely are out of work but desperately looking. That lot on 'skint' last night are a drain on us all though and will never contribute because they simply don't want to!!

There will always be people like that and in the overall scheme of things it doesn't effect us, it may seem unfair and I don't understand how anybody could be happy to take handouts without wanting to find work but the only people who are really suffering here are them poor kids who see it as normal. We live in an inclusive society where everybody is treated the same and long may it continue. The alternative isn't pleasant.

BTW your list didn't mention gambling addiction or food addiction to name but two....or do you just oppose certain vices? Tut tut

Listen mate, Im not heartless- I have my vices/problems like eveyone else. I feel sorry for the people on Skint in a way but also know I'd never allow myself to get in that position.

blue81 said:
metalblue said:
blue81 said:
Me too- I'll happily pay taxes for those who NEED the benefit system due to ill health or genuinely are out of work but desperately looking. That lot on 'skint' last night are a drain on us all though and will never contribute because they simply don't want to!!

There will always be people like that and in the overall scheme of things it doesn't effect us, it may seem unfair and I don't understand how anybody could be happy to take handouts without wanting to find work but the only people who are really suffering here are them poor kids who see it as normal. We live in an inclusive society where everybody is treated the same and long may it continue. The alternative isn't pleasant.

BTW your list didn't mention gambling addiction or food addiction to name but two....or do you just oppose certain vices? Tut tut

Listen mate, Im not heartless- I have my vices/problems like eveyone else. I feel sorry for the people on Skint in a way but also know I'd never allow myself to get in that position.

I hear you mate. No easy solutions. I was chatting with an Italian at work today and he told me he envied us in UK, yes we had some folk who just take piss but he said being here you feel part of the state whereas in Italy the state is an almost mythical entity like royalty. They have no feeling of society and its everyone for themselves, you have no social security model so folk out of work basically end up with starving kids or doing a favour for the mafia to get a few bob to get by. I guess what I'm saying is that the alternative to what we have might not be what we want, what we need to do is make sure the kids have the want to work.

metalblue said:
blue81 said:
metalblue said:

I hear you mate. No easy solutions. I was chatting with an Italian at work today and he told me he envied us in UK, yes we had some folk who just take piss but he said being here you feel part of the state whereas in Italy the state is an almost mythical entity like royalty. They have no feeling of society and its everyone for themselves, you have no social security model so folk out of work basically end up with starving kids or doing a favour for the mafia to get a few bob to get by. I guess what I'm saying is that the alternative to what we have might not be what we want, what we need to do is make sure the kids have the want to work.

Cool- glad you understand where I'm coming from, as I said I love we have a system that allows people who are in hard times to get money for essentials and I am happy to pay for that. But also it annoys me when people who can work just piss their lives away when others with nowt got of their arses and made something of themselves. Cheers for reading my post and not just seeing my name and going on the attack!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.