Skrtel

10robinho10 said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBiHh-I8wmQ[/youtube]
48 seconds in and he rakes his studs down Jo's back...
Tried pointing that out to our dipper visitor earlier. But apparently Skrtel isn't a dirty player.

Davs 19 said:
Man Cini said:
Davs 19 said:
Oh dear. Do you really think those two are a match for Vinny & Joleon ? Really ?

Yes I do.

Although I think Kompany is the best centre back in the league. I think Skrtel and Agger are better than Lescott.

But two very good centre back pairings.

-- Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:06 pm --

stony said:
Then why not Kompany as the yardstick. He's better than both of them and cost about £6M

The Lescott transfer and Skrtels supposed move are completely different scenarios and in no way comparable.

Unfortunately City have been paying vastly over the odds for some time now and we will be wanting a fee that you have been over paying for players like Lescott.

Although with the FFP rules coming in, I would have thought City would be curbing their spending if they want to comply with those rules.

We'll have to agree to disagree. As for FFP, In our owner and board we trust. I'd be more concerned about the money you've blown on the likes of Henderson, Downing etc. and the cost of redeveloping or moving grounds. Plenty enough for you to think about there, I would have thought.

We over paid on Carroll, but whoever we got after Torres was going to cost over the odds as everyone knew we had £50 million burning in our pocket. I like Henderson, I think he will be a fine player in a few years. Although yes we overpaid on him, but most young English players are appreciated fees.

Downing was just an awful buy and one I hope we sell this summer, if we can.

But we will be fine with the FFP rules as we generate a lot of income due to having a massive fan base. Also we meet the current wages to turnover ratio, which says clubs can't exceed 70% of their 'footballing' expenditure on wages.

Man City have a ratio of 114% (If I remember rightly, it is certainly over 100%) and that will have to be trimmed over the next few years, as will your spending if you want to meet the FFP.

If LFC don't win the league this season (and we won't because we'd be lucky to get top four and that is our aim), then I hope City do, as I like Mancini, as admire the fans (after the support you still got when going down the divisions), plus anyone stopping United is always good.

If Liverpool weren't one of the most overprotected sides in the league (Adam is the worst, a serial ankle breaker who is at it every game and rarely punished) Skrtel would have amassed quite a few red cards. That said he is a good defender and one of the best in the air in the league. £20million is only newspaper numbers so far, better to wait and see what our real offer is if any offer is made.

jimharri said:
10robinho10 said:
Tried pointing that out to our dipper visitor earlier. But apparently Skrtel isn't a dirty player.

He's tough and sometimes goes over the top, but so does Kompany and all top centre backs.

Man Cini said:
jimharri said:
10robinho10 said:

He's tough and sometimes goes over the top, but so does Kompany and all top centre backs.
Raking their studs down a players back and stamping on people? I haven't seen Kompany do that ever.

LoveCity said:
If Liverpool weren't one of the most overprotected sides in the league (Adam is the worst, a serial ankle breaker who is at it every game and rarely punished) Skrtel would have amassed quite a few red cards. That said he is a good defender and one of the best in the air in the league. £20million is only newspaper numbers so far, better to wait and see what our real offer is if any offer is made.

I think this overprotected sides argument is rubbish, personally.

But interesting you mention his ability in the air, it has improved dramatically the last 18 months (since Steve Clarke came to LFC) and before that it was one of his weaknesses, his ability in the air.

But you're right he is now one of the best in the league in the air.

I also agree about Adam, his tackling is dangerous at times, another player I hope we sell this summer.<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:30 pm --<br /><br />
10robinho10 said:
Man Cini said:
jimharri said:

Raking their studs down a players back and stamping on people? I haven't seen Kompany do that ever.

Well he will have,but you will have chosen to ignore it. It happens, not deliberately, but it happens at times when you are competing.

If you don't want Skrtel that is fine by us LFC fans, we will happily keep him.

in reply to Man Cini, I gave what you called a classless reply because you showed an ignorant assessment of a player who would get in any team in the league; he would be first choice at liverpool. I made reference to siggurdsson (spelling) to highlight the path of your club, you underperformed last season but you would have to to over-perform by a long way to reach your ambitions of a top four finish with £7 million signing gylfi being your current top transfer target. Charlie Adam had a similar reputation and similar price and was hardly a glowing success, and I refered to Brendan Rodgers to highlight that your club is no longer one which can attract top level mangers.

I don't think many people on here would actually want Skrtel at any price near 20 Mil if at all, and if you are hard pressed to find a better CB partnership than yours then you are clearly beyond delusion, Liverpool's defence is their best asset but that is n't saying much as their leftback has no caps for spain (despite this being their weakest position) and whilst you have two good CBs, that is all they are good, but but not in the top three brackets of players in that position.

LFC28 said:
moomba said:
LFC28 said:
Liverpool is a big club just because we havent been in CL for a few years it dosent change that.

And that will count for fuck all when it comes to people making decisions on where to play.

Champions league, title races, potential earnings all much more significant than the "big club" myth that really is only important to insecure supporters.

Not only that its £££ which your club clearly has and would be nothing without.

We were something before the money came, we'll be something if it ever runs out.

It's a concept that fans of sky 4 clubs who typically don't know their own clubs history when it comes to money struggle to comprehend.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
in reply to Man Cini, I gave what you called a classless reply because you showed an ignorant assessment of a player who would get in any team in the league; he would be first choice at liverpool. I made reference to siggurdsson (spelling) to highlight the path of your club, you underperformed last season but you would have to to over-perform by a long way to reach your ambitions of a top four finish with £7 million signing gylfi being your current top transfer target. Charlie Adam had a similar reputation and similar price and was hardly a glowing success, and I refered to Brendan Rodgers to highlight that your club is no longer one which can attract top level mangers.

I don't think many people on here would actually want Skrtel at any price near 20 Mil if at all, and if you are hard pressed to find a better CB partnership than yours then you are clearly beyond delusion, Liverpool's defence is their best asset but that is n't saying much as their leftback has no caps for spain (despite this being their weakest position) and whilst you have two good CBs, that is all they are good, but but not in the top three brackets of players in that position.

LFC have problems, we aren't the team we were four or five years ago. Due to many reasons, most notibly having poor owners who mliked our club. But we have also been vastly under achieving and still have some very good players and the base of a very good first team. I think we could have attracted a top manager, but Rodgers was the man our owners wanted, as they want a young, hungry manager to fit their model. I don't know much about Sigurdsson, but I have no problem with signing young, talented players like him.

I think you can find centre backs as good as Skrtel. But if we were to sell Skrtel we would want a massive fee, as he was our player of the season last season and is a very good player. If you don't pay £20 million + (I think we'd want closer to £25 million what you paid for Lescott),then we will happily keep him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.