Sky Q

Now the football is back i remember why i moaned ! Dont worry i am not going to do it again

I have gone through the next week and set alexa to remind me for each game,i wonder how many reminders you can set before she says fuck off !

Just had an offer to upgrade from HD to Q for free (ie without the £199 ‘set up fee’). Thing is, I’m quite happy with HD and comfy with how it works, so wanted to ask what the significant benefits are that I would see if I upgraded?
I’m guessing the negatives would be a higher monthly subscription payment, and as we don’t have or need multi-room, I’m not sure there’ll be much point doing it - but glad to be persuaded otherwise if anyone else finds Q a real benefit... ta.

Just had an offer to upgrade from HD to Q for free (ie without the £199 ‘set up fee’). Thing is, I’m quite happy with HD and comfy with how it works, so wanted to ask what the significant benefits are that I would see if I upgraded?
I’m guessing the negatives would be a higher monthly subscription payment, and as we don’t have or need multi-room, I’m not sure there’ll be much point doing it - but glad to be persuaded otherwise if anyone else finds Q a real benefit... ta.
Wouldnt pay to upgrade but worth it if its free. Can record 7 programmes at once, can watch your recordings on both boxes, can watch your recordings on the iPad etc.

The biggest downside is there is no reminder function,if you want to watch something live like football you have to record it or set a reminder on your phone so you don t miss it , really poor that is

It's certainly not as user friendly as the old sky box. I've had it over 3 months now and still struggling to find my way round it.

Also the remote is way too over sensitive. If you sneeze it changes the channel.

It's certainly not as user friendly as the old sky box. I've had it over 3 months now and still struggling to find my way round it.

Also the remote is way too over sensitive. If you sneeze it changes the channel.
The home screen is too busy for me, it is bad enough on netflix,i know what you mean about the remote,you can push the green microphone button above record, hold it down and just say what you want and it goes to it, like man city or coronation street etc, that is handy

They were short sighted with taking out the reminder - I used to use it a lot.

I don’t like the operating system on Sky Q - the fact that you press record once and you’ve set it on series link. I also have a habit of pressing the back up button and returning to the TV.

The voice recognition doesn’t understand Mancunian

The storage is Good and there’s a disk management feature where you can show your wife how much shit she’s been recording.

I've got an engineer for Sky Q coming around this week. I'm just hoping there's not too much disruption when installing it.

Yeah it is useless if you watch a lot of live progs as i do,football obvs but thingd t
I've got an engineer for Sky Q coming around this week. I'm just hoping there's not too much disruption when installing it.
Takes ten minutes,they fiddle with the dish so sky plus is not usable anymore and just set it up and that is it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.