Sky sports breaking news - Flamini to join city on loan!

I was watching SSN a few days ago and there was a clip on of Flamini for some reason and I was sat there thinking 'He would be a good signing', looks like I got my wish......does that make me ITK?

Vieira and now Flamini would suggest to me that Mancini does not think we keep the ball well enough in the middle of the park. In this country we love to see the likes of NDJ smashing into people but your average Italian would prefer that we have the ball to start with and therefore dont need enforcers like NDJ!

I would take him an a loan no problem, a very good utility player.

I am still 50/50 about mancini's contract. This doesnt prove anything. Like an above poster mentioned its a short term to get us into top 4 hopefully and then bigger players in summer. I can understand that. If we spent £30m on a player to get top 4 and then want to buy the worlds best to push on for title that player could well become a squad player. Maybe

The club really should have confirmed the contract details so there is not doubt whatsoever.

!!!!

what happens if flamini is signed for the rb position.....we will still need to buy a midfielder in my opinion especially since i dont think mancini likes 442 and he wants 3 central mids...we need to give barry a break and de jong needs to just sit in front of the back 4..

i never wanna see zab at rb again tho this i am sure

hopefully we make alot of room of these bad signings and lazy players.. the santa cruz, robinho,zabaleta,petrov, benjani even tho he tries..he isnt that good...maybe we should look into n'zogbia fom wigan!

bluwes said:
bluemoon32 said:
Hope that's tongue in cheek :)
My first thought on these loan signings was that someone else is lined up for the summer.

Thats exactly what I thought

i did clarify elsewhere in thread that i meant Bob is only here til summer.

Dannyctid said:
smiles said:
Lets be honest, at Arsenal he was class, but we're all thinking of him as the holding midfielder. What we'd be getting in a skillful utility player who can play right or left back and in midfield.
We're still weak on our flanks and this signing along with the return of bridge could strengthen us considerably.
Very shrewd signing IMO.

I think you've hit the nail on the head mate. Zabba not good enough for me and with probs at left back as well. He can challenge for these positions and provide cover in the middle.

Cheers mate. I've always been a fan of Zab, but it's pretty obvious now he's not a class RB, decent, but not class.

Flamini Toure Lescott Bridge

Thats a pretty good back four.

Re: !!!!

KingofDraw said:
what happens if flamini is signed for the rb position.....we will still need to buy a midfielder in my opinion especially since i dont think mancini likes 442 and he wants 3 central mids...we need to give barry a break and de jong needs to just sit in front of the back 4..

i never wanna see zab at rb again tho this i am sure

hopefully we make alot of room of these bad signings and lazy players.. the santa cruz, robinho,zabaleta,petrov, benjani even tho he tries..he isnt that good...maybe we should look into n'zogbia fom wigan!

I don't even know where to start on how wrong this post is.

Blue Train said:
Cheltblue said:
I dont disagree with that, but it still doesnt address the managerial situation come the summer.
He may well be doing everything to get us into top 4, but what happens to him then is far from clear.

As Trigger says........ its looking more likely that something is being kept from us on this one.

I don't see how.

So if Mancini makes a permanent signing this window, everyone will agree that he's here to stay? I doubt it. They'll say it's all Marwood. They see what they want to see (and they're still pissed off that the club made them look stupid by getting shot of Hughes).

As i say mate, i dont disagree with you. I certainly dont think Mrawood has the clout that others believe on here.

But Mancinis future and the deal that was struck is something that needs a 'once and for all' type clarification from the club.

Personally i believe Mancini can attract a whole host of players and with the wages on offer at City, i will be very surprised if a couple of long-term players are not bought in before the end of the window. If it is only loan till the end of season type players coming in, then his future will be a constant target of discussion.

bluwes said:
Kompany, De Jong, and Vieira will be the three midfielders he will use, mixing them up with Ireland and Barry (after his op)

I hope not. we need Ireland in if we are playing 3 in mid. He should be frist name on sheet when fit. In a man mid he is only one who can pick a quality pass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.