Sky sports breaking news - Flamini to join city on loan!

Dannyctid said:
bluemoon32 said:
Maybe they can't judge a player, after all, this is a club that thinks Beckham is still any good.

Beckham is keeping him out of the team.

See, Milan haven't got a clue, either that or they're doing a terrific trade in shirt sales :)

bluemoon32 said:
Dannyctid said:
Beckham is keeping him out of the team.

See, Milan haven't got a clue, either that or they're doing a terrific trade in shirt sales :)

Maybe we could give them Robinho as payment for the loan. He'll sell them some shirts.
No we better nor he'd probably go and score 20 goals and look like a world beater.

Blue Train said:
People are jumping the gun by thinking this means Mancini is on a short term contract.

Getting in loan signings till summer is much more likely to mean that we are going for Champions League football next season and once we've secured it we can then attract some seriously big names. At the moment world class stars won't come to us and risk playing in the Europa League next season. To get into the Champions League we need experienced back up - people who've been there and finished top 4 while holding down an FA Cup run at the same time.

Also, it's no secret that Barry needs a hernia operation and he'd rather have it now so he'll be fit for the World Cup. Yes, we pay his wages, but every player wants to be in SA this summer and we'd be arseholes if we made him play through the season and deny him his chance.

We are a club going through enormous changes in a very short space of time. In three seasons we've gone from relegation certs to challenging for top 6 to breaking the top 4. This is why we have the likes of Benjani still in our squad. Loan signings are the perfect way to bridge the gap between this season and next season's Champions League team.

I dont disagree with that, but it still doesnt address the managerial situation come the summer.
He may well be doing everything to get us into top 4, but what happens to him then is far from clear.

As Trigger says........ its looking more likely that something is being kept from us on this one.

Lets be honest, at Arsenal he was class, but we're all thinking of him as the holding midfielder. What we'd be getting in a skillful utility player who can play right or left back and in midfield.
We're still weak on our flanks and this signing along with the return of bridge could strengthen us considerably.
Very shrewd signing IMO.

Cheltblue said:
I dont disagree with that, but it still doesnt address the managerial situation come the summer.
He may well be doing everything to get us into top 4, but what happens to him then is far from clear.

As Trigger says........ its looking more likely that something is being kept from us on this one.

I don't see how.

So if Mancini makes a permanent signing this window, everyone will agree that he's here to stay? I doubt it. They'll say it's all Marwood. They see what they want to see (and they're still pissed off that the club made them look stupid by getting shot of Hughes).

slightly odd signing, why we need another holding midf i'll never know, although he can play rb, so we'll see.

Blue Train said:
People are jumping the gun by thinking this means Mancini is on a short term contract.

Getting in loan signings till summer is much more likely to mean that we are going for Champions League football next season and once we've secured it we can then attract some seriously big names. At the moment world class stars won't come to us and risk playing in the Europa League next season. To get into the Champions League we need experienced back up - people who've been there and finished top 4 while holding down an FA Cup run at the same time.

Also, it's no secret that Barry needs a hernia operation and he'd rather have it now so he'll be fit for the World Cup. Yes, we pay his wages, but every player wants to be in SA this summer and we'd be arseholes if we made him play through the season and deny him his chance.

We are a club going through enormous changes in a very short space of time. In three seasons we've gone from relegation certs to challenging for top 6 to breaking the top 4. This is why we have the likes of Benjani still in our squad. Loan signings are the perfect way to bridge the gap between this season and next season's Champions League team.

if you don't mind me saying so a very balanced and good post

bluemoon32 said:
Rammy Blue said:
think this finally puts to bed the argument about Bobby Manc only being here til end of season before Jose or whoever takes the reigns.

Hope that's tongue in cheek :)
My first thought on these loan signings was that someone else is lined up for the summer.

Thats exactly what I thought

smiles said:
Lets be honest, at Arsenal he was class, but we're all thinking of him as the holding midfielder. What we'd be getting in a skillful utility player who can play right or left back and in midfield.
We're still weak on our flanks and this signing along with the return of bridge could strengthen us considerably.
Very shrewd signing IMO.

I think you've hit the nail on the head mate. Zabba not good enough for me and with probs at left back as well. He can challenge for these positions and provide cover in the middle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.