Smallest City Away Support you've ever been in

March 1983 - we had Southampton and Swansea away in consecutive weeks and got stuffed 4-0 both games.
A few hundred against The Saints and around 200 against Swansea - said at the time it was the lowest following I'd been at.

Was at the Torquay game 83 mentioned above. We took more there than Swansea!
Had my mum's Mini kicked to fuck by the Swansea fans stuck in that duel carriageway outside The Vetch.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
March 1983 - we had Southampton and Swansea away in consecutive weeks and got stuffed 4-0 both games.
A few hundred against The Saints and around 200 against Swansea - said at the time it was the lowest following I'd been at.

Was at the Torquay game 83 mentioned above. We took more there than Swansea!
Had my mum's Mini kicked to fuck by the Swansea fans stuck in that duel carriageway outside The Vetch.
I had the same treatment as your mums mini at least I managed to hand the odd bruise out as well, as I remember we took quite a few might have seemed that way as there was 16 of us that day.

Burnley away in league cup 2nd round back in the late 90's. SWP's debut

alib said:
That was a poor turn out but not surprising as we'd won the first leg 5-0. SWP made his debut when he came on as a sub.

Another one to add, Liverpool away December 1994, we lost 2-0 ( Fowler and a Terry Phelan Own goal ) !!
For some reason we only received a few hundred tickets, I missed out from City but bought one for the Kop - and kept me gob shut all game !!!
I got a parking ticket while at the game as well - bad day all round

Also Wrexham away in the youth cup, 1989. Possibly 20 City fans in total !

East Level 2 said:
alib said:
That was a poor turn out but not surprising as we'd won the first leg 5-0. SWP made his debut when he came on as a sub.
I was in an exec box for that one. We won 1-0 through Cooke if I remember right.

There were 1000-1500 city there, maybe more.

clp1000 said:
Another one to add, Liverpool away December 1994, we lost 2-0 ( Fowler and a Terry Phelan Own goal ) !!
For some reason we only received a few hundred tickets, I missed out from City but bought one for the Kop - and kept me gob shut all game !!!
!

4 of us in their bit along the side. We jumped up and cheered when they missed a pen. Might have been Dibble that saved it?

lancs blue said:
It was 74/75 season, we lost 4-0 - I was on that Fingland's coach, we kept quiet inside the ground and yes they would have battered you, that was Brum all over in those days.

I was there with my mate and our girlfriends. We got some evil looks in a city centre pub beforehand and like most City fans that day we kept our heads down during the match. Not too difficult when your team is getting dumped 4-0 by a mediocre side like Birmingham. I recall them having a short arsed fat winger playing for them that day - Gordon Taylor.

i went to watch the reserves play the abu dhabi national team, i think there was only 40 or so of us there!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.