Smallest City Away Support you've ever been in

lancs blue said:
SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
1st leg of FA Youth Cup Final at Chelsea. About 200 of us there and the bonus was that they let us in for free. Chelski had gone overboard on giving free tickets to schools and also supplied them with flags. It was free for the home 2nd leg for everybody as well but no flags. Shame on you city. Travelled both ways for £10 on National Express. Left London at 11.55pm and tour every English Airport on the way home to arrive at Chorlton Strret Bus station for 7am. great trip out as Youth Cup football is special, honest and very very skilful.

There were over 900 City there that night, we had half the lower tier to one side of the tunnel. I know the figure because the Chelsea chief steward told us, he commented that Boro had only brought 500 on the Saturday for a Prem match.

No problems accepting 900+ as that is where I was sat. Must have subconsciously deducted the mileage on the return journey! It was a good night and worth the trip.

Sky Blue said:
clp1000 said:
Another one to add, Liverpool away December 1994, we lost 2-0 ( Fowler and a Terry Phelan Own goal ) !!
For some reason we only received a few hundred tickets, I missed out from City but bought one for the Kop - and kept me gob shut all game !!!
!

4 of us in their bit along the side. We jumped up and cheered when they missed a pen. Might have been Dibble that saved it?
That's the one I mentioned in my original post. We received a few hundred tickets because the kop was closed for redevelopment. However if I remember rightly, they made a last minute decision to open it for the first time that night. I was in their Main stand.

cjhaz69 said:
i went to watch the reserves play the abu dhabi national team, i think there was only 40 or so of us there!!

The taxi driver took me, Kimbo and his sister to the wrong ground. We were so pissed up we just paid him, got out of the car and thought it was a bit quiet.

We went in the ground and realised something was wrong and then had the problem of having no idea where we were with kick off closing in....

Ended up walking about trying to bum a lift. No problem for the lady with us but as soon as we came into sight the cars buggered off.

Finally found a taxi and got in 5 mins late.

Hell of a long way for a reserve game but somewhere I would never have gone otherwise nice BBQ at the Emirate's Palace put on by City as well.

I remember going to Newcastle in the late 70's. I got the special (for the young uns that's a train.) When I got my ticket is saw that I was the 76th Blue to have bought one. We got off the train to be met with a shower of bricks.
I don't recall one song being sung by Blues as we were surrounded by Geordie knob heads in the supposed away end. There must have been others that came up by coach but there weren't many.

blue underpants said:
levets said:
blue underpants said:
West Ham away 1974 0-0 draw, 2 of us drove down, as soon as we parked the car we got legged off and split up, paid into ground right in middle of WHU fansn never heard one City song or seen another Blue all day, very scary experience and on the drive back my mate said im sure we were the only City fans there, sure we wern't but it seemed like it

You sure this was 74? I thought 75/76...

I went on the special... about 17 on it!!!!!
Yes im sure it was, i know it was 2 years before i got married and that was 76, mate who was with me was my best man and as we waited in church he said to me ''beats fuckin West Ham this'', only time i have been really frightened at any game, West Ham had some real headcases that day all out looking for Les Tate, the Muirs and Cracknell, i just kept my big gob shut

You are probably right on reflection... City had hired 'The League Liner'.. a special train with disco on it and you were allowed to graffiti on it... Typical City to choose it for WHU.... as I said, about 17 lads on it... We didn't really travel to London in the 70's.

Blue Mist said:
I remember going to Newcastle in the late 70's. I got the special (for the young uns that's a train.) When I got my ticket is saw that I was the 76th Blue to have bought one. We got off the train to be met with a shower of bricks.
I don't recall one song being sung by Blues as we were surrounded by Geordie knob heads in the supposed away end. There must have been others that came up by coach but there weren't many.

That may have been the match a couple of weeks after the Cup riot at SJP in '77 - it was a midweek match, we went up on the coach from Maine Rd and ended up going in the side paddock, another 70s away match where keeping quiet for 90 mins was the safest option.

lancs blue said:
Blue Mist said:

That may have been the match a couple of weeks after the Cup riot at SJP in '77 - it was a midweek match, we went up on the coach from Maine Rd and ended up going in the side paddock, another 70s away match where keeping quiet for 90 mins was the safest option.
We somehow survived the cup riot and decided on a return trip. We broke down at the services at Washington, caught a bus to the ground, went in the paddock and didn't cheer either of our goals (we drew 2-2) and then had to wait ages for the AA to fix the car.

2 (Two) Millwall away FA Youth Cup about 35/40 years ago, we got beat, I remember that.
Was working in London so decided to go down.
Paid into their main stand as I thought that would be best.
Walked in and bumped straight into Helen "The Bell" recognised me straight away, used to know her from when she sold
flowers outside The MRI, always had a chat.
Greeted with hello what you doing here in booming Manc accent.
Boy did we get some looks even at a youth match.
Seems she had come down on the team coach.
Made my excuses to go for a piss and sat on my own at the back for the game.
Apologies to any other Blue who might have been there hiding like me..

this pre season s.africa there were 5 off us who travelled from uk, three from manchester and two from norwich way,then there were the local osc gautang and johanasborg branches

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
1st leg of FA Youth Cup Final at Chelsea. About 200 of us there and the bonus was that they let us in for free. Chelski had gone overboard on giving free tickets to schools and also supplied them with flags. It was free for the home 2nd leg for everybody as well but no flags. Shame on you city. Travelled both ways for £10 on National Express. Left London at 11.55pm and tour every English Airport on the way home to arrive at Chorlton Strret Bus station for 7am. great trip out as Youth Cup football is special, honest and very very skilful.

I went that one.

Smallest away suport I was part of was probably a preseason game at Portsmouth.

For competitve first team fixtures, I think Barnet away in the League Cup in 1994 might have been the lowest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.