Smoking

But we don’t.
When smoking had been going a lot longer than vaping it was being promoted as healthy!
I suspect science and medicine have come some way since then! From the article you posted:

Most experts agree that vaping is significantly less harmful than smoking, and the NHS recommends that e-cigarettes should be used as a stop-smoking tool. Unlike cigarettes, vapes do not burn tobacco to produce tar or carbon monoxide — which are proven to cause cancer. But they do contain high levels of nicotine, which is highly addictive and raises the heart rate.

I used patches.
As far as I am aware they are without risk whatsoever.
Well done. I tried them and unfortunately they didn't work for me. Vaping is apparently a more effective way to quit smoking according to the NHS:

https://www.nhs.uk/better-health/quit-smoking/vaping-to-quit-smoking/#:~:text=You're%20roughly%20twice%20as,products%2C%20like%20patches%20or%20gum.

You're roughly twice as likely to quit smoking if you use a nicotine vape compared with other nicotine replacement products, like patches or gum.

Evidence shows that vaping is substantially less harmful than smoking. Vaping exposes users to far fewer toxins and at lower levels than smoking cigarettes.

Switching to vaping significantly reduces your exposure to toxins that can cause cancer, lung disease, and diseases of the heart and circulation like heart attack and stroke. These diseases are not caused by nicotine, which is relatively harmless to health.

However, vaping is not risk-free. Non-smokers and young people under 18should not take up vaping.

Evidence shows that vaping is substantially less harmful than smoking.

So far. Smoking was once promoted as actually beneficial to people's health back in the day. My mum quoted such to me when as a teen I asked her to quit. By the time she was 54, lung cancer put her in her grave.

20 years down the line Vaping could prove to have similar effect as nicotine on people.

So far. Smoking was once promoted as actually beneficial to people's health back in the day. My mum quoted such to me when as a teen I asked her to quit. By the time she was 54, lung cancer put her in her grave.

20 years down the line Vaping could prove to have similar effect as nicotine on people.

It’s got nicotine in it! That’s the whole point. The damage is done by the burning of the tobacco not the nicotine itself.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm sure medical science has come a long way since then and they'd have a better idea these days.

I'm certainly not trying to suggest it's good for you (I'm sure it's not) but I'm fairly certain it's likely to be better than smoking and all evidence so far points in that direction. I'm obviously no expert but I can confidently say that I feel a lot better since stopping smoking. My breathing has improved massively and I have a lot more energy, so for me it's worth it just for that. That it's currently a lot cheaper as well is also a nice benefit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.