Sneaky barstewards - Cypriot banking crisis

Solidarity fund being set up now, in other words a giant pass the bucket around, anybody can contribute the Orthodox church have said they can have its gold

The island will be finished by Tuesday, negotiators are back from Moscow empty handed and that harlot Merkel is revving the Panzer tanks up

blue underpants said:
Solidarity fund being set up now, in other words a giant pass the bucket around, anybody can contribute the Orthodox church have said they can have its gold

The island will be finished by Tuesday, negotiators are back from Moscow empty handed and that harlot Merkel is revving the Panzer tanks up

Can you imagine what the Russians were asking for if they came back without a deal

"Listen comrades we will save your country but we want all the gas, all your women and some of the sun delivered to us by Tuesday"

Just been to my local mini market. Woman there says they cannot except any cheques, credit or debit cards from Laiki bank. Shit just got real.

paphos-mcfc said:
Just been to my local mini market. Woman there says they cannot except any cheques, credit or debit cards from Laiki bank. Shit just got real.
Bit sketchy on the UK news, has Laiki bank gone under ?
Said the people protesting outside parliament were Laiki bank staff who had lost their jobs

blue underpants said:
paphos-mcfc said:
Said the people protesting outside parliament were Laiki bank staff who had lost their jobs

All over bar the shouting mate. From what I've been told R.I.P Laiki bank. My missus had 6k in there.

paphos-mcfc said:
blue underpants said:
paphos-mcfc said:

All over bar the shouting mate. From what I've been told R.I.P Laiki bank. My missus had 6k in there.

Christ, it gets worse mate. Feel for you and your other half, plus everyone else who is affected of course.

While the banks seemingly have a lot to answer for over there, I can't help thinking that the likes of Merkel are taking their hardline stance because they see Cyprus as a small country that can be easily bullied around.

paphos-mcfc said:
blue underpants said:
paphos-mcfc said:

Sorry to hear about that, though there seem to be conflicting reports.

Are these accounts, those under 100K, not safeguarded under the EU, or do those terms not apply if a bank goes/is forced under?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.