Sneaky barstewards - Cypriot banking crisis

Josh Blue said:
paphos-mcfc said:
Just been to my local mini market. Woman there says they cannot except any cheques, credit or debit cards from Laiki bank. Shit just got real.

get out mate.
Have to say i agree with Josh mate, we had a lucky escape it was only the wifes illness that brought us back we would have lost thousands everybody saying to us ''you had a lucky escape''
I know your family circumstances but consider it for you and your familys sake, most on our old complex that we are still in touch with are waiting for the first chance to get out

Gabriel said:
paphos-mcfc said:
blue underpants said:
Bit sketchy on the UK news, has Laiki bank gone under ?
Said the people protesting outside parliament were Laiki bank staff who had lost their jobs

All over bar the shouting mate. From what I've been told R.I.P Laiki bank. My missus had 6k in there.

Sorry to hear about that, though there seem to be conflicting reports.

Are these accounts, those under 100K, not safeguarded under the EU, or do those terms not apply if a bank goes/is forced under?

Not sure mate, couple of locals said it was finished, bit worrying when only last month their staff took a massive pay cut. But for now, anyone coming here for their jollies, I'd play safe and get euros in the UK.

I'll give up to date riot reports in the next couple of weeks.

Re: Sneaky barstewards.

M22 WOODHOUSE PARK said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDXtHsz2q6Q[/youtube]
Dont think he likes FUCKING BANKERS and FUCKING POLITICIANS does he, magic, should run for office

Gabriel said:
paphos-mcfc said:
blue underpants said:
Bit sketchy on the UK news, has Laiki bank gone under ?
Said the people protesting outside parliament were Laiki bank staff who had lost their jobs

All over bar the shouting mate. From what I've been told R.I.P Laiki bank. My missus had 6k in there.

Sorry to hear about that, though there seem to be conflicting reports.

Are these accounts, those under 100K, not safeguarded under the EU, or do those terms not apply if a bank goes/is forced under?

They are protected, yet it seems not to matter, we're back to politicians looking after their own interests again. Merkle has an election to win.

With interest rates at near zero ( and possible negative interest in the future) and inflation at over 2.5%, savers in this country have effectively been "taxed" 5% in the last 2 years.

Drip drip, but same outcome.

denislawsbackheel said:
near zero?

You aren't trying hard enough.

Sorry , you've lost me there? They're 0.5% at the mo and inflation is 2.8%.

What am I getting wrong?

If you're talking about an average savings account on the high street, then yes, as good as 0%.

That what you mean?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.