Sneaky barstewards - Cypriot banking crisis

blue underpants said:
Cypriot parliament has just come to an agreement with EU
All bank accounts in the Bank of Cyprus with more than 100,000 Euros will pay a tax of 20%
All other accounts of more than 100,000 Euros in every other bank in Cyprus will pay a tax of 4%
I had a lucky escape
I understood that is was 100,000€ per person,so if my wife and I has 150,000€ in a joint account,then we wouldn't be taxed ?

So the usual tactic of the EU solves another problem..........Dont let them vote on it, do the deal with a few gullible (Bribe able) fools at the top if needs be, but NEVER let anything be voted on by politicians or the people.
Divide and conquer if necessary and as a last resort, it can always be sneaked in under another name later.

What is being done in the name of democracy is theft, pure and simple the taking of someones money by force without a shred of legality.

blueonblue said:
So the usual tactic of the EU solves another problem..........Dont let them vote on it, do the deal with a few gullible (Bribe able) fools at the top if needs be, but NEVER let anything be voted on by politicians or the people.
Divide and conquer if necessary and as a last resort, it can always be sneaked in under another name later.

What is being done in the name of democracy is theft, pure and simple the taking of someones money by force without a shred of legality.
It was all in that treaty that no court in Europe has the power to overule what they say

blueonblue said:

Not that I support what is happening, but, the 100,000 Euro guarantee hasn't been broken and ,correct me if I'm wrong, if nothing is done the banks will fold and then anyone with cash in the banks in excess of the 100k Euro guarantee will lose it all, 100%?

Remember Northern Rock.

End of the Euro all this. Cyprus has been shit on big style. The plain fact of the matter is, they are not in controll of their destiny, the Germans are. No matter what Balls and Brown did with the economy that we are constantly told by the toffs was so bad and could of been handled better....AT LEAST they didnt involve us with the single currency. I for one wouldnt want the bloody Germans runing riot with my ecconomy because they are running the show. They failed in two world wars, now they are running Europe anyway, if I was from cyprus, i would be livid, I would be picking one hell of a fight with them. How many countries in Europe are gonna get the Hell out of the Euro now becuase they will be thinking, if Cyprus can be shafted like this by the krauts, then so could we!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tc2K4j4iqs[/youtube]

blue underpants said:
lafitz2008 said:
blue underpants said:
For a change of scenery and more shops etc Ayia Napa is just down the road, dont worry it is quiet in April nice beach as well

Yeah,we'll be heading down that way for at least one of the days to go to the water park,it looks awesome.Any other recommendations for things to do while we're there ?
Hire a car they drive on same side as us, drive to Kykkos monastary high up in Troodos mountains its breathtaking.
Ayia Napa again for boat trips, dolphin and turtle watching, Nicosia is great stand on the green line which divides the Greek south from the Turkish north.
Limassol is good for shopping, expect to see hordes of Russians, and dont put money in banks LOL

Ha,that sounds ideal,the kids'd love the dolphin trip
.Willl be hiring a car or at least a few days while over there so I'll add the monastry to the itinery,bit of culture,cheers mate

lafitz2008 said:
blue underpants said:
lafitz2008 said:
Yeah,we'll be heading down that way for at least one of the days to go to the water park,it looks awesome.Any other recommendations for things to do while we're there ?
Hire a car they drive on same side as us, drive to Kykkos monastary high up in Troodos mountains its breathtaking.
Ayia Napa again for boat trips, dolphin and turtle watching, Nicosia is great stand on the green line which divides the Greek south from the Turkish north.
Limassol is good for shopping, expect to see hordes of Russians, and dont put money in banks LOL

Ha,that sounds ideal,the kids'd love the dolphin trip
.Willl be hiring a car or at least a few days while over there so I'll add the monastry to the itinery,bit of culture,cheers mate
Obviously dont take travellers cheques or try to use your card at an ATM you might not get it back, its a cash economy only now but its a great place so enjoy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.