Sneijder (continued)

Re: Gazzetta: Sneijder completes €36m move to City (continued)

To me it wa quite simple. We were interested but the transfer would've cost a fortune. We would've usually continued but with us having players that we needed rid of first then we couldn't go forward.

You never know, if we get rid of some of the dead wood we may be back in.

Plus Carlos is the better player for us. Wesley is a good player, but he didn't cut it at Real and the italian game is a little slower. Udinese, have a couple of players who I think look as though they have the goods Armero in particular. Wesley is 27 and in no way is he worth more than, or equal to Carlos. If we sign Nasri, we will have Silva, Nasri, Kun, Tevez, Yaya and Johnson (who will have a big season), who will give us some serious attacking support play.
We aren't Barca, but this is how we may look if we are to replicate their forward based pressure play.

---------Hart----------
-------kom-lescott------
micah----Nigel----Clichy
Nasri-Yaya-Kun-Silva
-------Tevez------

The front five should be able to put a huge amount of pressure on the oppostion defence which means they could end up pumping aimless balls up field which is bread and butter for Joleon and the like.

Isn't Sneijder a wee old? His sell-on value can't be all that good.

Chippy_boy said:
baylorblue said:
I still have no idea why Sneijder would come to England. He would have to get a massive pay raise to offset the taxes incurred. I'm not sure it makes any kind of financial sense to me. He may only have one big contract left in his career, can't see him agreeing to a large pay cut.

Don't follow your logic mate. It's not like he plays for Monaco.

He plays in Italy where the tax rate is 43% compared to 50% here (thank you Gordon Brown). This would mean a 12% pay cut - hardly "massive" - assuming we didn't pay him more to make up for it.

Also, hasn't Berlusconi just announced tax rises? Unless I am mistaken that will take their top rate (the only rate of any relevance to footballers) to 53%. So actually on the same salary, he'd take home more over here.

The Spanish rate is 43% as well by the way.

I thought the Spanish rate for footballers was a lot lower than this... something like 20%?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
So..What excuses are all the ITK's going to come out with on this thread!?

There must be something wrong with your hearing, i can't hear the fat lady singing just yet?

Even if she does start singing i will still stand up and applaud, the fact that we're even in for this calibre of player tells it's own story.

Danamy said:

There must be something wrong with your hearing, i can't hear the fat lady singing just yet?

Even if she does start singing i will still stand up and applaud, the fact that we're even in for this calibre of player tells it's own story.
no news still good news then danamy?

terrychoichelsea said:
mirkocorli mirkocorli
Giorgio De Giorgis, Mancini's man, has now enterered Inter HQ. Possible topics: Eto'o, Tevez, Sneijder
...any update of who's in attendance exactly ?

richards30 said:
Danamy said:

no news still good news then danamy?

She's clearing her tonsils but hasn't started singing just yet

allan harper said:
Sorry-since when is it your right to say I am not entitled to ask a question on here just because I haven't been here as long as you? I asked a genuine question. The In the Knows were all over here saying it was a done deal not so long back. Again I ask.What will they say when he doesn't sign or more likely goes to the rags. Perhaps they will just admit that they got it wrong.

-- Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:23 am --

Thanks mate but honestly Fantasy Ireland needs to chill out. I asked a genuine question and FI threw their teds out. Sorry but to many ITK's don't like it when they are proven wrong. The only ITK I take any notice of is when the club MCFC announce the signing.

Can you quote them saying it's a done deal please?

think you've made the usual error of mistaking " showing interest " as meaning done deal !

Now you are splitting hairs..The thread is that long but their have been posts on here saying it's a done deal especially after the story broke 2 weeks ago in the Gazetta. Anyone can post bollocks yet when they are asked to account for it they don't like it. Bit like the British shit stirring media. A lot of blues have a go and rightly so yet are happy to come on here and post utter drivel that they cannot back up.Pots n kettles I am afraid. If the ITK's do not like being asked a straight forward question then they have no right having a go at the shit stirring british media. It is exactly the same,just publishing or posting utter tosh!

Christ, you really are an utter poltroon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.