Snooker

Found an interesting reason why it’s unlikely no one will ever beat that fastest 147 … take a guess.

I'd say it's something like the tables being different now. I know back in the day the white ball would often stop quicker than if does now, hence being able to take the next shot quicker

Even if that's true, surely we're only talking milliseconds and tiny amounts that the ball might travel further, obviously it all accumulates in terms of time but Ronnie himself still plays at speed sometimes today, so I'm not sure it would be THAT much different.

I think having a player who plays fast like Ronnie and having the balls in a great position is still much greater factor than my guess about the white ball moving for longer.

It could be broken I think, but you would need the perfect scenario on the table and a player who plays the next shot quickly.

Maybe the referee's are not as quick putting the colours back on the table today? I've no idea.

Not many in the crowd watching tonight for the Selby game. Quick into another tournament.

Tonight was the highest standard of potting I think I have ever seen. Virtually every shot went in.

7 frames in 70 minutes. Game over.

Tonight was the highest standard of potting I think I have ever seen. Virtually every shot went in.

7 frames in 70 minutes. Game over.
Magnificent stuff from O'Sullivan. Ding didn't even do too much wrong but was up against an unplayable opponent. 4 centuries, a 79 & a 90. How do you play against that? Ridiculous. Best there is, best there was & best there ever will be.

Magnificent stuff from O'Sullivan. Ding didn't even do too much wrong but was up against an unplayable opponent. 4 centuries, a 79 & a 90. How do you play against that? Ridiculous. Best there is, best there was & best there ever will be.
Totally agree - never seen a game like it. 97% the stats said on O’Sullivan potting.

Up there with the best Ronnie has played. The man defies logic and if he was playing a more ‘high profile’ sport he would be recognised as one of, if not our greatest ever sports person.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.