Snow - School Closures

alib said:
I went to school for 7 years in the 70/80's to Bacup and Rawtenstall Grammar School high in the penines and not once was the school closed due to snow (and we had several winters as bad or worse than this) - if the buses weren't running we walked (3 miles)

everyone is too soft/lazy these days?
that is complete bollox, the first school, and sometimes only school, round here to close is BRGS!

alib said:
and brass neck's was a load of bollocks too

I work in the legal profession and have not heard of any such claims being brought (in Bury)

Yeah, because they shut the schools in Bury...lets run an experiment, lets open the schools country wide, lets have a few sprained wrists a few cracked heads a few broken arms and lets see how busy you get then.......If people want schools open in winter, want cheaper car insurance, want cheaper holidays, etc etc etc...do what I do and claim bugger all when the opportunity arises, don't suddenly get a bad neck when your car crashes, tell those pricks who stop you and ask if you have had a accident in the last five years to fcuk off......its that system that is to blame not teachers, i went to school in the 70's in all weathers, but my dad wouldn't of taken the school to court if i have busted my face slipping on ice on the school yard, he would of said accidents are just that....and left it there. Unfortunately to many scum bags both claimers and administrators are after a fast, quick buck and its society in generally that picks up the bill!!!

brass neck said:
alib said:

I work in the legal profession and have not heard of any such claims being brought (in Bury)

Yeah, because they shut the schools in Bury...lets run an experiment, lets open the schools country wide, lets have a few sprained wrists a few cracked heads a few broken arms and lets see how busy you get then.......If people want schools open in winter, want cheaper car insurance, want cheaper holidays, etc etc etc...do what I do and claim bugger all when the opportunity arises, don't suddenly get a bad neck when your car crashes, tell those pricks who stop you and ask if you have had a accident in the last five years to fcuk off......its that system that is to blame not teachers, i went to school in the 70's in all weathers, but my dad wouldn't of taken the school to court if i have busted my face slipping on ice on the school yard, he would of said accidents are just that....and left it there. Unfortunately to many scum bags both claimers and administrators are after a fast, quick buck and its society in generally that picks up the bill!!!
you tell em!

Kids & teachers used to make it into school when I was younger. BUT, back then the roads were gritted & the country didn't come to a standstill whenever it snowed. A lot of teachers drive several miles (which would be unrealistic to walk) to get to work & if the roads are shut or impassable they just can't get there. Therefore the school cannot except the children because of children:adult ratios.

squirtyflower said:
alib said:
I went to school for 7 years in the 70/80's to Bacup and Rawtenstall Grammar School high in the penines and not once was the school closed due to snow (and we had several winters as bad or worse than this) - if the buses weren't running we walked (3 miles)

everyone is too soft/lazy these days?
that is complete bollox, the first school, and sometimes only school, round here to close is BRGS!

not in the 70's and 80's it wasn't

brass neck said:
alib said:

now that I do agree with

so if (as predicted) this big freeze continues for the next 10-14 days and the snow does not melt do the cretins who make these decisions just intend to close all schools for this period?

why not get the lazy teachers in to school and have them shovel some snow and spread some grit to make the schools "safe"?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.