Snow - School Closures

alib said:
so if (as predicted) this big freeze continues for the next 10-14 days and the snow does not melt do the cretins who make these decisions just intend to close all schools for this period?

why not get the lazy teachers in to school and have them shovel some snow and spread some grit to make the schools "safe"?
probably because after four years at university, and a job description that doesn't include shoveling snow, they may disagree

but if they were forced to do it by a big bad headteacher, then maybe the solicitors/lawyers could make a bunch of dosh defending them

alib said:
so if (as predicted) this big freeze continues for the next 10-14 days and the snow does not melt do the cretins who make these decisions just intend to close all schools for this period?

why not get the lazy teachers in to school and have them shovel some snow and spread some grit to make the schools "safe"?
i think you have also missed the point many have made, that like many others some are unable to get into work because of the poor state of the roads
that means the school has a lot more children than is safe to have for the number of adults available
it is closed for the children's safety you pea brain

squirtyflower said:
alib said:

probably because after four years at university, and a job description that doesn't include shoveling snow, they may disagree

but if they were forced to do it by a big bad headteacher, then maybe the solicitors/lawyers could make a bunch of dosh defending them

well if they don't come into school ( and the roads are all drivable now) they should be docked pay - why should they get paid( by the taxpayer) for sitting at home watching cricket and building snowmen?

the lazy bastards already get 13-14 weeks holidays each year + various other scams such as "teacher training days"

Every school is closed except mine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....... Stupid snow ploughs !

SNOW ! Ruins my derby AND i still gotta go to school !!!

squirtyflower said:
alib said:

i think you have also missed the point many have made, that like many others some are unable to get into work because of the poor state of the roads
that means the school has a lot more children than is safe to have for the number of adults available

Monday I could understand that but today the roads were ok and teachers had no excuse for not being able to get into work

I drove from Bury to Accrington and back this morning with no problems at all

teachers clearing snow......well i wouldn't object, but once the unions got wind of it.......lol

having said that, could you imagine if every person in every house hold shoveled snow in there area for 20 mins....there wouldn't be an issue country wide....it will never happen though cos "the council should be doing it"

alib said:
squirtyflower said:

well if they don't come into school ( and the roads are all drivable now) they should be docked pay - why should they get paid( by the taxpayer) for sitting at home watching cricket and building snowmen?

the lazy bastards already get 13-14 weeks holidays each year + various other scams such as "teacher training days"
the more you post the more you ignorance is evident
1. if the school is open and the teacher can't get in they don't get paid
2. you come and drive on the roads near me you dilf, there is no traffic passing up or down it, i left at 6.25am this morning to try and get to work
3. they get 12 weeks holiday a year
4. the teacher training days were introduced by ken baker and they lost five days holiday for them
5. if you think 12 weeks is too long, get a job as a teacher yourself, and like a lot of gobshites last less than a year
6. i assume you can take your holidays when you wish? teachers can't, they have to take them at the most expensive times

brass neck said:
teachers clearing snow......well i wouldn't object, but once the unions got wind of it.......lol

having said that, could you imagine if every person in every house hold shoveled snow in there area for 20 mins....there wouldn't be an issue country wide....it will never happen though cos "the council should be doing it"

well on Granada Reports tonight it showed traffic wardens in Manchester clearing snow and ice with spades and I'm sure that isn't in their job description?

brass neck said:

Our teachers WERE clearing snow !! WTF !! But apparently, "it helped little" so our school "negotiated" with Bury council and got a snow plough to plough JUST OUR school drive !! So now everything is OK !! except I live 7 miles away !! In manchester !!! I hate Bury !

alib said:
squirtyflower said:

Monday I could understand that but today the roads were ok and teachers had no excuse for not being able to get into work

I drove from Bury to Accrington and back this morning with no problems at all
Bury to Accrington, fuck me a long distance trek!

i work in Chester, live higher up in the hills than accrington
set off to get to work at 6.25, had to turn around at the m56 because work was closed
one of my staff took five hours getting home last night, 20 miles but the roads were icy as fuck
the police are advising everyone not to travel unless essential

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.