So how many?

Sadly I have to hold my hands up and say I am part of the problem this season.

Missed a few games and as its a single in SSL3 have put it on the exchange but it has never sold.

I do regret not deferring this year, change in circumstances, fuel costs and having to do the 500 mile round trip on non-match weekends, for other events (stag dos etc) has resulted in less money for football trips.

I do feel somewhat guilty about it but it seems no one wants my seat anyway (as it has never sold) so at least it does not feel I am denying someone a seat.
People tend to want 2 seats together mate so they snap up the returned away tickets.

People tend to want 2!seats together mate so they snap up the returned away tickets.

Indeed. I am not bothered about the money but dont like the thought I am denying someone else the opportunity. The lads I go with sit in Level 2 but its too expensive when factoring in travel coats as well. It suits me being up in the top of level 3 but a consequence it is tough to shift the ticket.

There seems to be an almost perfect inverse correlation between the actual football and the “match day experience”

But in the grand scheme of things the match day experience i.e how much we enjoy ourselves is much more important than the football. We don’t love the players or the team we love the club but the more they do to disenfranchise the fans the less we love them

I don’t really love City anymore. I love what we used to be, the memories and the days out and the feeling of belonging but like with a girl you don’t love anymore you just wake up one day and realise she’s nothing like the girl you once loved and she hasn’t been for quite some time - you’re just there out of habit

Don’t think I’ll renew next season

@C-E-L-FBlue I couldn’t put like for your post because although I liked the articulate nature of it I am appalled at the way your Dad was treated. I hope he doesn’t have any further problems. :-)
Thanks @Eccles Blue. Him and my mum also a ST holder of over 50 years have spent so long on the phone to City over various issues, particularly the seat move. Its a good job we love this club!!

There seems to be an almost perfect inverse correlation between the actual football and the “match day experience”

But in the grand scheme of things the match day experience i.e how much we enjoy ourselves is much more important than the football. We don’t love the players or the team we love the club but the more they do to disenfranchise the fans the less we love them

I don’t really love City anymore. I love what we used to be, the memories and the days out and the feeling of belonging but like with a girl you don’t love anymore you just wake up one day and realise she’s nothing like the girl you once loved and she hasn’t been for quite some time - you’re just there out of habit

Don’t think I’ll renew next season

see you next season mate.

See my previous posts. In previous seasons that's what we did. It was as simple as texting a mate or family member to meet you at the ground.

This season I can't be fucked. Now you have to get them to sign up to be a matchday member or some shit and transfer it or go online and list it. I don't care if it to takes 5 minutes or 20, I can't be fucked with it.

You want my three seats filled every home game, get the club to send me three cards.

That's another thing that fucks me off, is all the holier-than-thou fans who can't possibly imagine that other fans might have other shit going on in their lives more important than worrying about an empty seat at a football stadium.

I don't give a single shit that one of our seats was empty yesterday because the club doesn't.

paragraph 3 basically ends the discussion.

Reactions: PPT
I’ve posted on this numerous times, without wishing to bore anyone I’ll go one more time.
After the extension and relocation when matchday tickets went on sale there were rows available for matchday in different blocks and stands, I could buy 2, or if I was taking friends 4 together. Over the years every relocation of s/c holders diluted those rows , and the seats they vacated became more and more scattered. So now 2 s are few and far between and go quick.
So yes apart from the unsold singles most of those empty seats are s/c holders not turning up.
As for what can be done the only solutions are either moving s/c holders to create rows, or when there is a relocation from another extension or shifting the family stand create rows. Once created ring fence them to stop s/c re locations diluting them again.
The solutions for the club are so easy. Create and ring fence the rows as you say so that people can buy tickets together. Also I’ve said it earlier, introduce a different level of membership whereby people who want to go to say 10 or more games can get access to tickets at £5 above the pro rata rate of a season ticket in any given area. Thus giving them access to discounted tickets without having a season ticket and leaving seats empty when they don’t go.

I suspect people heard you were coming and decided to stay home. Weather may have played a part as parts of the country were flooded and maybe people didn’t want to risk it. Deferred season tickets which the club is struggling to sell. Said it before we don’t have vast loads of tourists wanting to fill the void. But this is what pisses me off in that tickets get siphoned off for big away games yet these same people never want to watch Palace at home. mind you for £50 a seat I wouldn’t either. Third tier of south stand should be match day tickets only, no season card holders and every seat priced at £25 for adults and £10 for under 18‘s. First come first served with seats opening up three weeks before a game.
Interesting thread and I like this suggestion. Along with a review of the singing section, something the club perhaps needs to review. I know they have to make available a certain percentage of tickets to away teams, but surely there’s a way of knowing which clubs never sell their allocation. Perhaps those teams have no interest in making it easy for us to sell their unwanted seats?

From my perspective I can’t attend many matches, now live in the Deep South, but having this flexibility would be amazing. I’ve been looking at buying a row of 3 tickets for two of my boys and me, but it isn’t easy when I’ve got to also second guess which matches are going to be played at 3pm on a Saturday as that’s the only time I can do.

I had tickets for Burnley, but all my family tested positive a couple of days before. The club were amazing, easy to deal with by email, got a quick refund. No idea if those seats were then taken. Now trying to get 3, for a 3pm & not easy without knowing TV listings.

Me and my mate have been season ticket holders since early 90s. The original seats we had in the East stand second tier changed to 93.20 and we moved due to the price. We wanted equivalent seats on the other side of the halfway line which had not been upgraded. The only seats together were 2 away from each other. Fortunately the 2 people between us did not mind moving up to allow us to sit together. For various reasons we have both deferred and I believe both seats are still unsold probably because they are singles.

We have 3 season cards. My wife, myself, and then one of her brother's ideally.

We had our first kid last June, who was born with a fully treatable disability but requires a lot of work getting him into a brace before bed, so a babysitter is out of the question - we take it in turns going, so one of our tickets is always free. Her brothers are in uni a couple of hours away so can't make every game.

In previous seasons, whichever one of us was going would just take the free season cards into town and hand them off to friends who would meet us. Not anymore as we don't have a printer at home and the tickets are on our phones.

I can't be bothered faffing about with the club's shambles of ticketing. So blame them that our three seats are rarely filled.

We will probably give up two of them next season anyway as this is the most disengaged I've ever felt from the club. Sick of all the moaning directed at fans when the club is actively trying to make it more difficult to fill the ground.

For this season, you want my three seats filled, get the club to send us cards.
Hate sticking up for the club ,but I don't think transfering a ticket to a mate has been easier ,no need to even meet up ,add to f and f and press a button, job done

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.