so i'll ask again........

Re: Re: Re: so i'll ask again........

johnmc said:
malg said:
Redknapp_court_2117725b.jpg
That court security officer needs to lose that silly little earring. He looks a twat.

Thought it was lennon[/quote]

its kevin phillips.

Actually I think the media bias in the game is not particularly aimed at city, it's an ant-foreign bias. If you look at the press mancini, villa-boas and wenger get then look at 'arry and fregie.

same goes with players - it's scotty parker this, scotty parker that and by any standards he should have had a second yellow card by the time of the incident. Same with Rooney - endless effort to try to overturn a ban that was thoroughly deserved. Suarez has (rightly) been pilloried for his racist comments but have we had anything like the same level of coverage of our beloved England captain's actions? John Terry?

Our jingoistic press believe all things British are inherently superior and there agenda is to have a go at foreign managers wherever possible. Contrast the treatment of Mancini's imaginary red card with the love in for 'array (who, not to put too fine a point on it , is likely to be proved a crook) . It will sadly never change all we need to do is win the title and let them fume,

Having said all that I do think that long term Balotelli is his own and our worst enemy. I have to admit that despite his occasional brilliance my heart is always in my mouth when he is on the field

de niro said:
although i dont agree with them i do understand people saying there is no agenda and that people who think the way i think are paraniod but that today was nothing short of criminal.

never ever in all my years watching football have i ever witnessed such a frenzied attack on any club or any player.
Unfortunately I have.

The De Jong /Ben Arfa witchunt came from left field and almost suceeded.

That's three times in recent memory now that 47k people,22players,4 officials and 2 managers have missed something that super slow mo hasn't.

You can see where armchair fans now matter more than real supporters.<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:58 pm --<br /><br />
de niro said:
although i dont agree with them i do understand people saying there is no agenda and that people who think the way i think are paraniod but that today was nothing short of criminal.

never ever in all my years watching football have i ever witnessed such a frenzied attack on any club or any player.
Unfortunately I have.

The De Jong /Ben Arfa witchunt came from left field and almost suceeded.

That's three times in recent memory now that 47k people,22players,4 officials and 2 managers have missed something that super slow mo hasn't.

You can see where armchair fans now matter more than real supporters.

Rammy Blue said:
What people seem to forget is that when it is someone like Rooney doing this, yes it gets shown a few times but soon moved on.

Funny there was a rag fan saying the complete opposite of this on Talk Shite earlier today. He said if that stamp had been done by Rooney there would have been incessant media coverage of it, like there hasn't of Balo.
Mind you, he was thick as shit!

de niro said:

Chelski had a diluted version of what we are getting, and a Chelski fan told me to grow a thicker skin when we got taken over. How right he was.

It has been an 'interesting' 24 hours - well 30 hours as its still going on now. However, i think back to Thatcher (Ben not Maggie) and he got the same, over and over it was played and he was done so badly, they changed the rules for him!! The ref saw it, booked him and he still got 7 games (fully deserved as it may have been they still changed the rules). I just think we have gone from being mostly liked by all fans (mainly due to suffering in their shadow for so long) to being disliked due to jealousy, added to the fact we are now big news, everything just seems all the worse, with fans climbing into us on all phone ins and the like, mediawhores (pundits then) will say what they think people want to hear, after all it makes them 'popular with the fans'... So, it feels like there is no let up in the abuse, its coming from all angles - even from 'within' from some 'fans' on here

In overall judgement, I dont think there is an agenda, it comes with the territory of being a big club and breaking the mould to get there as we are doing, people dont like change, its upsets their cosy outlook on life, so its going to upset some. This, added to the fact that the magnitude of every game is so much more, everything just seems so much worse, its an intensity we arent used to as a club and need to get used to faster if we are going to keep are marbles, collectively that is.

Saying that - it is sad that Mario's 'stamp' is bigger news on all media channels, than the trail of 'one of the greatest managers of his generation' (BBC's words not mine - 1 FA Cup - great) for tax eviasion... but thats life right now...

Turned on Slysports news this morning at 9am... They showed the balotelli stamp 18 times in 6 mins (once every 20 seconds, talk about witchhunt). They even started showing the WBA sending off from last year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.