so i'll ask again........

de niro said:
Ric said:
I think we're clutching at straws if we're blaming Walton for the defeat tonight.

the defeat was entirley down to the referee.

Nonsense. I think too many Blues are in danger of wallowing in their own self-pity.

I thought Walton was okay. Not great but at least he didn't fuck up the game like our last few games.

I don't think it was a foul on dzeko after watching that replay & i certainly don't think it was a handball prior.

The only big call he got wrong was the drenthe foul on richards. Should have been a red.

Ric said:
de niro said:
Ric said:
I think we're clutching at straws if we're blaming Walton for the defeat tonight.

the defeat was entirley down to the referee.

Nonsense. I think too many Blues are in danger of wallowing in their own self-pity.

Agreed. I've been vocal on here about referee bias, maybe too much, and I agree that Walton tonight was poor, but our performance was simply not near good enough.

Train said:
I thought Walton was okay. Not great but at least he didn't fuck up the game like our last few games.

I don't think it was a foul on dzeko after watching that replay & i certainly don't think it was a handball prior.

The only big call he got wrong was the drenthe foul on richards. Should have been a red.

Stonewall pen on aguero, I actually cheered as I thought it was dead cert. and a blatant body check on aguero first half not given, the defender knocked him flying

In previous matches I have to say that I saw some plain bad refereeing decisions. Not corrupt ones. Just bad.

Last night I thought Walton choreographed the whole thing in Everton's favour. Much more subtle than some of his colleagues.

Basically when we were in a dangerous position with the ball he and the linesman were incredibly quick to blow. He gave us one or two free kicks to keep face but these were always around the half way line and generally slowed us down anyway.

The two yellow cards were incredibly soft. You would think given the furore over Vincent's previous unwarranted red that he'd get the benefit of the doubt, but not a chance.

As for the assault on Micah, well you can be damn sure had that been a City player they'd have been off.

robbieh said:
In previous matches I have to say that I saw some plain bad refereeing decisions. Not corrupt ones. Just bad.

Last night I thought Walton choreographed the whole thing in Everton's favour. Much more subtle than some of his colleagues.

Basically when we were in a dangerous position with the ball he and the linesman were incredibly quick to blow. He gave us one or two free kicks to keep face but these were always around the half way line and generally slowed us down anyway.

The two yellow cards were incredibly soft. You would think given the furore over Vincent's previous unwarranted red that he'd get the benefit of the doubt, but not a chance.

As for the assault on Micah, well you can be damn sure had that been a City player they'd have been off.

Exactly...he gave us early yellows and gave them late yellows
to make it look even on paper,and any little coming together
around our box was an instant freekick to them

Apart from Drenthe not being sent off I think Walton was OK. Oh and when Lescott got penalised for being barged in the back by Tim Howard.
I think we got a bit of sympathy for previous bad decisions in games but if we moan about Walton's refereeing last night then the media really are going to go to town.

Now is the time we need to get tough,no being nice with the opposition picking them up etc,we have to start a game with a hard mental attitude,we are better players but we have to have the desire and passion,the rags would have buried Everton in the first half.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:35 am --<br /><br />Now is the time we need to get tough,no being nice with the opposition picking them up etc,we have to start a game with a hard mental attitude,we are better players but we have to have the desire and passion,the rags would have buried Everton in the first half.

last night was one of those physical games which was brought to us by a clever footballing outfit. it was not our right to win because we didn t have conviction. that is for the team and manager to reflect over-it s quite simple.

i was hoping for a draw....but as the game went on i knew one goal would most likely win it. i was not happy with the ref`.....evertons 10 fouls came with one sympathy booking for the serious foul on micah. as opposed to our 2 bookings for our 7 fouls conceded.

what bothered me the most was hibberts foul on lescott- he pushed lescott into howard for a foul. then i heard two minutes of blatant lies on sky claiming lescott fouled and was a dirty player. now anyone with eyes or brain would have seen lescott go to the ref` and explain-he was pushed just then.

this was dangerous play by hibbert as he could have injured howard or lescott.

but then common sense went out the window as far as the media were concerned. our next 3 games will define our season-get behind our blues-its now they need us more than ever!!!! get behind your team if you want what they do want!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.